Tyres? wheel bearing? mystery noise - with alignment results

Finally ran out of tolerance for my tyres at 22k miles. Bridgestones that had become so noisy and harsh it was quite unpleasant although they had worn quite evenly with barely any saw-toothing. Found an outstanding deal on some Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance (£70 a corner fitted, valve and balance + £10 per tyre cashback) so I was happy to scarifice the remaining tread for a bit of quiet. However, even though the car is now driving around on fluffy pillows of (relative) quietness there is a humming/droning noise that either wasn't there before or I couldn't hear over Bridgestone roar. I am going to have 4 wheel alignment done tomorrow to discount any misalignment as being the cause so the question is, has anybody got experience of these tyres making a droning type noise from about 20mph upwards or what is the likelyhood of a grumbling rear wheel bearing at such a low mileage?

Thanks

Almost related, I too suffered horrendous droning from my factory fitted Pirelli Cinturarto's and replaced them with Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance tyres.

Are you running 17's or 16's?

Mine are 17's (but fitted to a Superb) and they are wonderfully quiet so I'd wager a guess that the new noise was there before and simply hidden by the droning..?

Running 205/55R16 and yes that's what I think too. I still plan on getting alignment done as I haven't had it checked in over 18 months (and never on a proper rig), they're new tyres and the Octavia (as with other cars on this platform) is notorious for poor geometry/alignment from the factory.

Just as an aside, as well as being quieter and smoother riding and seeming to turn in and grip at least as well, I have seen a 3-5% improvement in my fuel economy over my old tyres!

Scan_before.pdf

Scan_after.pdf

Alignment results. I was expecting that things wouldn't be too bad and I don't think they were (I know what the figures relate too but I don't know if the amount that things were out is significant or not) I was surprised on driving out of the place though to find the car felt less 'floaty' with more positive steering centering.

One thing for certain, no change in the noise  :dull: