Adding remote control to central locking

Sort

I got a 2001 1,4MPI comfort. It has central locking but no remote.

I figured id just get an aftermarket remote control unit and fit it in there, most info i could find claimed that would be easy enuff. So i kinda started from the top of what info i had.

1. If theres a diode on the locking pin, control goes in the door. 

Sure, i took off the door panel. Looks nice and tidy in there, only someone put the nylon cover on the paneling rather than on the door. And theres an new speaker in there Other than that perfectly standard.

2. mount wires to corresponding function on the car..

Now heres the problem. One could argue i was a bit cheap buing a RAZE RC unit but still problem seems to be the wireing in the door rather than the RC.

RC unit has six wires,

Red = battery

Black = ground

Blue = actuator

Green = actuator

Brown = indicator

White = indicator

Still looks simple enuff, thou if i want the indicator lights ill have to thread wires back to dashboard as far as i can tell (lets leave that for now)

Now battery and ground i think i can find (but if you know good spots please tell). But where do i Attach the actuator wires? (by where i meen what color wires and location in the door)

I figure if i dont cut any wires, soon as drivers side unlocks the rest will follow, same as when i unlock with key or control panel in the car.

is it that simple or am i missing something?

If its any help, i can take some pictures but, atm its a door without its paneling and me staring blankely at connectors, till my haynes manual gets delivered.

• Like 1

The OEM Skoda system you can enable drivers door only with one press then all doors on second press, this can be changed in VCDS to unlock/lock all on one press, the main "comfort" controller for this is just above the pedals. Can't remember what is in the drivers door for the controllers............

So i can put the door paneling back on and look over the pedals for some plug there?

Id still need either the haynes or a pinout and location/description for that plug.

Also i dont have a VCDS cable atm. But i can live with it working with two clicks, long as it locks when i say it should.

Edited by Sort

Hiya mate, I have a post on exactly what you need and how to do it if you check out my profile oh will find it on there

Cant seem to find it in your profile. Direct link perhaps?

• Like 1

Current ideas (other than wait for haynes manual to arrive) is to find the pinout for the door control panel.

Panel has lock, unlock and side windows up/down switches.

Plug for it has 12 holes with only 6 pins connected.

Best i can figure is those must be Power, ground and some reversible stuff for the functions.

Anyways i figure i can just splice the kit i got onto those wires and fool the system into beliving i pushed the lock/unlock buttons from inside the car.

Only i dont know wich wire does what atm.

Wires are colored as follows 8 in total:

Brown

Brown/grey

Brown/white

Brown/green

Purple/white

purple

Purple/white

black/white

Some must be leftover for rear window control. Anyone know about the pinout?

looking over it all i realise i made a mistake following the guide that led me to take off the door panel.

I will put it back on and try over the clutch pedal.

I removed the panel under the steering wheel and im slowly starting to match what i see with the pictures and descriptions in this thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/77859-remote-central-locking-installation-guide/

Soon as im done driving for the day ill disconnect the plugs going to headlight tilt and dashboard light controllers, so i can get a clear picture of whats under there.

2001 1,4MPI comfort line. Engine code AQW.

Hints and links still very welcome.

Have a look at Maplin code 28BK for a three channel remote rolling code system. Ideal for hatches, as you can lock/unlock doors on two keys and unlock hatch on the other.It's a Quasar unit( Quasar electronics UK)  , but I've found a discrepancy between Quasar info (as they now only do a 2 or 4 chanel unit and these are regulated to 15volts, whereas the maplin 3 ch ones are only  operational on 12+/- 1v. I've successfully had one of the older units in my car for some time with my home brew PSU. But on a diesel, so on a petrol, I'd suggest a relay unit to block power until the ignition is off. I'm happy to share the info and as much construction info as needed if requested. Thing you need to establish is whether the control uit for central locking takes a positive or negative pulse to operate.