Fabia 2002 SDI FCX Gearbox help please

Catch22

Hi all

I have a horrible noise coming from my gearbox, the car has done 75K it seems to have come on overnight almost and is in 2nd gear only, when you give it some welly.

It has an FCX gearbox code, sorry if this is a noob question but do I need to replace it with another FCX code?

Its a shame as the car has been uber reliable but a recon gearbox and clutch kit (while its off) is almost what the car is worth

Any insightful help would very much be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have a horrible noise coming from my gearbox, the car has done 75K it seems to have come on overnight almost and is in 2nd gear only, when you give it some welly.

It has an FCX gearbox code, sorry if this is a noob question but do I need to replace it with another FCX code?

Its a shame as the car has been uber reliable but a recon gearbox and clutch kit (while its off) is almost what the car is worth

Any insightful help would very much be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Just get one off another sdi. You will struggle to find one with mileage that low though.

Hi Guys thanks for the info been off PC for a bit.

I have decided to rebuild the one I have as you are right its low mileage and we have put most of that on, I did actually think of buying another car as my kids have taken their toll on the interior, may still do that bit, must look on Fleabay.

Its actually being stripped out as I type for me to deliver to the gearbox repairer this arvo.

Lets hope its not too costly!

• 1 month later...

It turned out to be circlips that had broken in the gearbox and the gears in 2nd were trying to get away from each other!!

Gearbox repair place said I had saved myself a whole heap of trouble/money by not carrying on driving it, the beast lives again!!

It turned out to be circlips that had broken in the gearbox and the gears in 2nd were trying to get away from each other!!

Gearbox repair place said I had saved myself a whole heap of trouble/money by not carrying on driving it, the beast lives again!!

Excellent :thumbup: