Latest generation of Amundsen satellite navigation system with DAB

Leon-y-k

It has a similar spec, but a larger screen than the Octavia Amundsen and is an all in one device rather than the split system with electronics in the glovebox. Basically it's a totally different stereo.

Does it have a hard drive like the Columbus? I'm guessing this is far more superior than the now ageing Columbus, it's funny how they haven't updated it in the Superb. 

I guess you're going to have to pay extra for each map update?

How much do they charge for that?

I like my tomtom because of it's quarterly lifetime free updates.

We've just got back from a round trip over Mt Hotham and back over Mt Bogong (Falls Creek) via all the dusty back roads we could take to avoid motorways and arterial roads and it took some time to program the Go600 to reflect our desired route using the large map on the table.......I'm wondering if it would be as easy with an integrated unit.

(Spectacular scenery by the way)

I've just been asked for another £130 as my Yeti, due mid/December, as it will apparently have the upgraded radio. Which costs more than the Ammundson I ordered!

Would you really have to pay that?! 

I've just been asked for another £130 as my Yeti, due mid/December, as it will apparently have the upgraded radio. Which costs more than the Ammundson I ordered!

LOL - ask the dealer for £130 for changing the spec of your car post-order! (Their Ts and Cs say they have the right to do so, but nowhere I suspect does it say they can charge you for the changes).

GPS hardware is now cheap-as-chips, and really should be standard in all cars (probably costs much less than the screen). Sat navs are now like metallic paint - profit-points for vehicle manufacturers. 

Or play them at their own game,tell them you want £130 refund for lack of CD player :)