Alko atc

SAVAGEJESS

I can confirm that your factory fit electrics will power the ALKO ATC. I was concerned about this and thought I may have to get extra wiring installed but it was not needed thankfully.

On another tack a friend recently ordered a factory-fit towbar for a Touran and it comes with full 'twin charging' electrics. So hopefully this may roll out to other model in the group.

This is a bone of contention with many UK only caravanners. Our continental cousins do not use "split charging" and so it's not usually wired with UK spec vehicles and has to be added. BUT ATC does not require the additional 12v feed so the standard 13 pin wiring is OK.

Fred

The text below is from the Touran Brochure/pricelist:

Removable towbar. With 13-pin connection and 12 electrified poles providing vehicle lighting plus additional power 
supply for caravan auxiliary battery charger, internal trailer lighting and fridge      £583.33     £700.00 with VAT

This is a good move from VW and perhaps a sign that they are starting to listen to the UK market/caravanners and offering what many caravanners want. The £700 price tag is not too bad either. As I said above it would be good if this were to be offered more widely within the group.

The text below is from the Touran Brochure/pricelist:

Removable towbar. With 13-pin connection and 12 electrified poles providing vehicle lighting plus additional power 
supply for caravan auxiliary battery charger, internal trailer lighting and fridge      £583.33     £700.00 with VAT

This is a good move from VW and perhaps a sign that they are starting to listen to the UK market/caravanners and offering what many caravanners want. The £700 price tag is not too bad either. As I said above it would be good if this were to be offered more widely within the group.

That makes too much sense for it to be applied by SUK. :devil:

If only..................

Fred