rain sensing wiper misbehaving after changing windscreen

icyd

i used to love the fact that i could just leave it in auto, let it do its job without having to think about it. it made driving in the rain a bit more pleasant. but strange thing happened after i did the windscreen. not particularly bad, it's still working but the timing is a bit off. sometimes it wouldn't wipe still even when the glass is gone completely fuzzy, yet on the other hand would still wipe when theres no more drops of water on the screen. this has turned into an inconvenience since i had to regularly override the system.i guess it's true, u'll never notice something until its gone.

The right stalk has an auto wiper sensitivity on top. If this gets flicked to one extreme then it will be ueber sensitive. Flick the other way and it won't come on until you are in the ditch. Keep it half way :-)

Do you know what I mean, am I stating the obvious?

The windscreens are different depending on the presence of rain sensor on the car and the gel pad usually comes together with the new windscreen. I remember each time I changed mine they asked me about this.

Might be that oh_superb is right: sometimes if the flicker is at the extreme right position, the wipers act crazy - I also keep it in the middle and is working like a charm...

The replacement only had that black donut thing stuck on where the mirror would mount to.no gel any sort.i guess thats it.acquiring the gel pad separately is very unlikely.i used to leave the flicker on the lowest setting which perfectly suits my preference

• 2 months later...