Funny indicator tell-tail light

Good evening, I'm taking my 09 Octavia back to the garage tomorrow as, having just purchased it, am aware of a fault with the warning lights. With the headlamps on the left (green) indicator tell-tail is always illuminated at half strength, as is the door ajar warning light. Open the door or switch off the headlights and all is fine! The indicators work perfectly.

The vehicle was sitting on the forecourt for some time and was damp inside, some googling suggests that the BCM or CCM may have been damaged. (are the BCM and CCM two different separate units?) What do you think - am I likely to be correct with my diagnosis?

Cheers Julian.

IMG_20150117_1339173641-1.jpg

If the actual left hand external indicator front or rear is also illuminated then I'd agree on the BCM / CCM, however there have been numerous complaints over the years about faulty dashboard clusters?

Edited by silver1011

Thanks, I can confirm that the actual external indicators all work fine as I've been around the vehicle and carefully checked. When indicating left (with headlamps on) the green tell-tail goes 'halfbright-fullbright-halfbright-fullbright' etc etc. I wonder if there's damp in the instrument cluster and it will dry out with a bit of use? I bet a new cluster would be expensive....

Julian

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mike. Sorry for the late reply but I have not been on the forum for a few days.

As it happens the vehicle has warranty on it from the garage that I purchased it from.

Tomorrow it goes to an auto electrical place in Kendal for a look-see.

I have suggested that the instrument cluster is likely to be the problem and the boss at the garage doesn't seem bothered as he says they can be repaired. I have to say that I rather suspect the fault could be buried deep inside electronic components, rather than just the easy bits like the electrical string! I'll keep you informed regarding outcome.

KR Julian

Hi, Did you get to the bottom of this as a car I have just purchased (2011) does nearly the same.

Edited by Tinbum

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Tinbum - just.

Basically the instrument cluster was removed and sent to a place down south (Colchester - I forget) for repair and all seems to be OK now.

The garage gave us a loan car while the cluster was away so all is well for now.....

Julian.

Edited by JulianS

fordfan, on 24 Feb 2015 - 21:34, said:

It could be AC tronics who repaired it.

That would likely be it then - my memory is not too bad! :sun:

Anyway, fingers crossed that it stays good for now.

Once the 3 month warranty is up I need to get the DFP and EGR deleted from the ECU, so that's the next job.

KR Julian.