Heads up on Superb for sale…

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201503031394508/sort/default/maximum-age/up_to_10_years_old/price-to/3500/quicksearch/true/model/superb/fuel-type/diesel/maximum-mileage/up_to_90000_miles/postcode/e174sw/page/1/transmission/manual/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/usedcars/make/skoda/radius/1501?logcode=p

I'm not sure if I should be posting this but I'd hate to think of anyone on here buying what could be a nightmare.

This was my old car, only traded in 3 weeks ago, and while it was a great car, and drove beautifully, has Parrott bluetooth, remap and Eibach springs, it was losing coolant regularly (a bottle every month).  

I didn't have the will or money to throw at it to investigate so it could be water pump (cambelt and water pump were replaced in 2013), radiator, hoses, expansion tank, or, and this was my main fear, head gasket lifting under load. It started last March and I had pressure tests and emissions tests down at two separate garages but they found nothing. After a long journey there would be a small pool of coolant under the car, usually just behind the driver's side front wheel. I couldn't locate the leak from the engine bay – no wet hoses, no pressure when the cap was unscrewed when cold – it was a mystery.

Anyway, it gave me the fear, it was due for MOT and insurance renewal, and I was looking at getting an estate anyway for practical reasons, so I traded it in.

If you have the know how and the time to sort the leak then all else about the car is fine. If anyone has any questions please PM me.

• Like 3

I think it's a nice gesture letting people know what they could possibly expect if they would go for it...

Trimis de pe al meu D5503 folosind Tapatalk

• Like 1