steaming up like a God dam steamroom

So, I'm guessing my flaps are stuck in the non recirc position. Which is a bonus but on the downside that means this isn't the cause of the misting. I can see why changing the motor is a nightmare too its right up the left hand side and access looks terrible. Anyway, you can see all the moving parts on it while in place switching between recirc on/off shows its definately goosed.

Underneath the scuttle, there is a water shield, is that still there?

I couldn't say i don't know where that is or what it looks like. All i could see is the top and bottom flaps in the pictures ( first pic is the bottom of pollen filter) both in the down position I'm presuming thats allowing outside air into the cabin. Underneath the scuttle panel is just the pollen filter housing so i can't say I've seen anything else.

Its an extra piece on the underside of the scuttle panel itself. Its to stop water hitting the pollen filter. Just a thought. The pollen filter is bone dry?

Ah right your thinking pollen filter wet hence the misting. I'll check tomorrow although its been dry up here for a few days which is wierd in itself!! The old one was dry when i removed it.

Don't think I've got one of those left on, filter looks exposed, have thought before if there should be something there. My filter is dry though, but I don't have a misting problem other than cold damp mornings.

Is your flap open :D

A bit of a personal question ;) I think my flap actually works as I'm sure I've been able to shut smells out. However I've not got my head up behind the glove box yet.

You can see the motor on the left hand side when you remove the glovebox. I just cycled between recirc on/off couldn't see the arms moving. Luckily my flaps are open!! Permanently!! I havnt looked under the scuttle panel yet.

• Like 1

You can see the motor on the left hand side when you remove the glovebox. I just cycled between recirc on/off couldn't see the arms moving. Luckily my flaps are open!! Permanently!! I havnt looked under the scuttle panel yet.

Does yours sing melodies of woodland birdsong to you?

Does yours sing melodies of woodland birdsong to you?

I think it did once upon a time but i couldn't hear anything when testing it. So no singing but with permanently open flaps a man really can't complain!!

• Like 1

Its like a moulded ledge under the scuttle atached t its underside and can sometimes break off.

Ok I've gotchya now iirc it is still there i seem to remember it getting snagged when putting the scuttle panel back on.

Excuse my numptiness but went to have a look at the flap and unplugging it today, got the glovebox off but still can't really see how to get to it. I can tell where it is but am unsure about getting there. It's a bit of a cluster**** in there to say the least. Can I get a bit more detail in terms of how to please. Cheers.

Yeah the blower motor as mentioned up there is the next thing after the glovebox

Then look up

Is the motor held in by those small bolts underneath, above the protective panel? Cheers

Is the motor held in by those small bolts underneath, above the protective panel? Cheers

Once the glove box is off remove the two bolts just underneath the blower. I think i used a philips screwdriver as they have the cross pattern on them. Remove that little panel and my blower slid down in a groove. Thats as far as i got as liverpool lad mentioned the motor for the flaps looks horrendous to remove.

Once the glove box is off remove the two bolts just underneath the blower. I think i used a philips screwdriver as they have the cross pattern on them. Remove that little panel and my blower slid down in a groove. Thats as far as i got as liverpool lad mentioned the motor for the flaps looks horrendous to remove.

Cheers mate, I just didn't want to start undoing what I didn't need to. I went through resetting with vcds again after I gave up on that, it's quieter for now but when it starts again I'll have another go.

Cheers mate, I just didn't want to start undoing what I didn't need to. I went through resetting with vcds again after I gave up on that, it's quieter for now but when it starts again I'll have another go.

You can actually see the mechanism up the left hand side without removing the blower. I just turned recirc on/off and could see nothing was moving plus the code confirmed. The only thing i didn't know was what position they'd stuck in. Its actually annoying me now i know something isn't working!! I really must see someone about this!!

You can actually see the mechanism up the left hand side without removing the blower. I just turned recirc on/off and could see nothing was moving plus the code confirmed. The only thing i didn't know was what position they'd stuck in. Its actually annoying me now i know something isn't working!! I really must see someone about this!!

Yeah I could see the plug on it I'm sure. I'm like yourself, if it's fitted it must work. Admittedly I don't use it much but I do use it, and I'd prefer to have the option. If I couldn't see much maybe the flaps were shut, perhaps mine sticks at one extreme or the other.

• 2 weeks later...