please help i wish to chnge the 70mph ping on my 2011 yeti elegance

widebloke

Hi guys new to this so please help i want to change the 70 mph to 80mph or stop annoying ping totally. Has any body had 170 bhp engine mappd to 200-205 bhp please and did performance improve &in what manner mpg/acceleration? let me know as I am considering getting this done as well.

Many thanks widebloke

Hi guys new to this so please help i want to change the 70 mph to 80mph or stop annoying ping totally.

Press the button under the stalk and it goes up in 5 mph intervals.

If car is fairly new it does not have buttons under stalk.

In that case when speed limit is showing press the right roller wheel twice then when limit is highlighted roll up or down to change the speed warning.

If car is fairly new it does not have buttons under stalk.

In that case when speed limit is showing press the right roller wheel twice then when limit is highlighted roll up or down to change the speed warning.

The thread states it's a 2011 car, so I would guess it's the buttons on the stalk rather than the thumb wheel version.

Hi guys new to this so please help i want to change the 70 mph to 80mph or stop annoying ping totally. Has any body had 170 bhp engine mappd to 200-205 bhp please and did performance improve &in what manner mpg/acceleration? let me know as I am considering getting this done as well.

Many thanks widebloke

As others have said the speed warning is in the Maxidot menu.

Mine has a Shark stage 1 map around 205HP & 420nm (310 lb/ft). The mpg is either unaffected or slightly better (+1 to +2mpg) but the acceleration is much better, and you have usable pull in 5th & 6th too. Potentially the mpg would be higher if it was driven as if the extra power wasn't there, but I haven't managed to do that so far :) it doesn't feel (to me, at least) any different under 1500 rpm but once you get the turbo going the engine is transformed. It feels a much bigger increase than just the extra 35 bhp. I've done around 10K since the remap and it has made it a lot more enjoyable - not that it wasn't fun before.