Rear fog light not working.

Hi guys

I have a Fabia Combi/Estate 1.6 TDi Sport from 11/2010 (2011 model). Just noticed that my rear fog light does not work, at all.

The bulp looked okay, but changed it anyway. The fuse is also fine. No fault codes / errors when scanning with VCDS.

All other lighting on the cars is just fine.

Any suggestions? :(

Just a thought, but, have you ever noticed that light working?  What I am getting at is, if you have just bought this car, and the previous owner replaced that bulb with the wrong type of bulb, then maybe that is what is wrong as you probably fitted a new bulb which was the same as the one you removed.

• 1 month later...

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your rear fog light?

I have the same problem. Bulb is okey, fuse tested okay.

I wanted to check the fog light switch - but I do not have the pinout of the switch so I can not verify if that works which leave me a dead end - except drive to a licensed Skoda facility and probably pay big bucks for a small problem.

Have you tested the bulb holder with a circuit tester? If it is live, it should surely be the bulb, if not and ALL the fuses seem fine, (Some systems use one or more fuses, for some reason) Then I would suggest the switch itself is at fault. (Had one replaced under warranty once, due to front light failure).

Also, the door wiring loom can sometimes fracture on Fabia's so perhaps this could happen on wires to back lights though its not so likely as there are not many moving joints, if any!

The switch could be mounted after a fuse so fuse looks ok but still no power or before a fuse, no power to fuse. Also, don't just rely on "Looking" at fuses, test them in a circuit to ensure they do actually make a contact. I have fell for healthy looking fuses or battery connections, etc not actually doing jack, many times in my 30-odd years as a motorcyclist.

Hope this offers help.

• 3 years later...

This is maybe a very long shot, but do you have a tow bar fitted? If you do and you have a 13 pin socket and leave a 13 to 7 pin adaptor in place this stops the rear fog light from working.    

* Just seen the other thread, scrub this*

Edited by Phil866
Update

1 hour ago, Phil866 said:

This is maybe a very long shot, but do you have a tow bar fitted? If you do and you have a 13 pin socket and leave a 13 to 7 pin adaptor in place this stops the rear fog light from working.    

* Just seen the other thread, scrub this*

Thank you, for fast answer.
Yes, I have towbar , but don't have adapter (13->7) connected :(
I have read that post and I was hope that I have same situation (easy fix), but unfortunately my problem is related to something else :(

Symptoms:

The bulb is OK (changed). The fuse is also fine. No fault codes / errors when scanning with VCDS.

All other lighting on the cars is just fine.

Circuit testing may be the only way to go... Check the holder is live, if not then check the wiring at certain intervals. You may come across a breakage in the cable. This happens a lot to door wiring!

44 minutes ago, mrgf said:

Circuit testing may be the only way to go... Check the holder is live, if not then check the wiring at certain intervals. You may come across a breakage in the cable. This happens a lot to door wiring!

Thank you. Seems so. Everything point to that.

Problem is at wires for Rear fog Lights don't pass any door wiring. 
Regarding door wiring issues, already have issue with 3rd stop light (2 cut wires in gummy between rear back door and the car, fixed) and classic issue with front driver's door (not fixed yet, but have in plan, warring buzzer for lights does not work sometimes)