How do you fit pipe from master clutch cylinder to slave cylinder?

I have a 2005 1.9 TDi. The clutch pedal went to the floor and on inspection the AA guy said the pipe to the slave cylinder had corroded and was leaking. My garage has had my car in bits for three days and say they have no idea how to fit it. Apparently three other mechanics have come and had a look at it and can't work it out. Anyone done this before or know how it's done please? I have seen one comment saying it is a sealed clutch system ???

Edited by metalmick

• 1 year later...

Just had the pleasure of having to work on the pipe from the master cylinder to the slave MY ADVICE IS RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM IT AS YOU CAN, it's a nightmare.It is done by removing the air pipe from the back of the engine then the water expansion bottle look down on top of the gear box and you will see the pipe it is metal from the slave back for about 6 inches going around several bends (connected to the slave by a sliding clip easy)then pressed into a rubber hose which crosses the top of the gearbox where it goes back to metal under chamber (for some reason the engineres though it would be a great place to secure it to the body  with a metal clip secured by a screw (impossible to get at) then it turns up through the chamber just under the servo and through the firewall into the master cylinder on top of the clutch pedal at no stage can you replace the pipe leaving the old one in place as it is impossible to get it out from the master cylinder without removing the servo so best of luck to anyone taking on this task. I was kinda lucky as the pipe busted just after he rubber section about 4 inches from the slave but it still took about 3 hrs and 2 pairs of hands to get the pipe cut and an old type joint (the ones with the olives) to get it repaired