Knocking noise when off throttle. 2011 Octavia vrs tdi

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some help.

My Octavia vrs tdi is knocking when off throttle. As soon as I put any gas on it stops and any brakes it stop.

Doesn't knock on full lock and feels fine on throttle both partial and full.

really need to sort it cos I have a vRS estate on order and need to flog this one on. (Will be my 3rd vRS)

Thanks

I had a knocking on my VRS under similar circumstances and after a lot of searching on here discovered that it was the climate control flaps. Turn the ignition on but engine off and listen for the noise, if it is the climate control, you should hear it.

To save me typing it, copied this from a post from 'Simbo' "For dual climate control, it was ignition on, engine off. Hold down ECON & the bottom left button then the flaps start calibrating in turn."

It didn't work for me but works for some. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it turned out to be drop links. One nut was a nightmare, had to drill it out. Other 3 fine and now it drives like new.

Would love to know how the noises the car was making could be due to 2 cheap parts that showed no signs of wear.

Anyway on to selling it, is it worth advertising it on the forum? In the past I've found some forums pointless for selling cars and some that are brilliant. What's this one like?