04 superb.key fob not working any advice

Hello all. I've been a proud owner of my first Skoda,a week now and delighted to say I love it .I have the problem from the day I bought the car.the key fob won't lock or unlock the car remotely.i have changed the battery but no joy .I only have the one key.any taughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

Page 39 of the manual, synchronisation of the remote control.  Give that a go.

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Superb_3U/05-2007/Manual/Superb/B5_Superb_OwnersManual.pdf

"Synchonisation of the remote control

If the vehicle cannot be unlocked by actuating the remote control system then it is
possible that the code in the key and the control unit in the vehicle are no longer
synchronised. This can occur when the buttons on the radio-operated key are actuated
a number of times outside of the operative range of the equipment or the
battery on the remote control was replaced.
This means it is necessary to synchronise the code as follows:
• Press any button on the remote control.
• pressing of the button means that the door will unlock with the key within 1
minute."

So you lock the car, press a button on the remote and unlock the car with the key (or so it says)...  Good luck :)

• Like 1