Noise - Any ideas?

Hi All,

After a long debate I decided to put my TDI CR VRS up for sale as my daily mileage has reduced from 60 miles to just 4. I have purchased a TSI VRS and drove it home today 60 miles from the sellers address to home with no issues - It was great.

However I slowly crept it up a kerb and at the top of the clutch came a loud noise from the front of the car. To simulate these conditions I put the handbrake on and did the same. The clutch bit low on the peddle but at the top the loud noise came again. The father-in-law who was with my at the time said it was the Dual Mass Fly Wheel. I have returned home and have listened to several videos of DMF problems on youtube and non seem to match the noise I heard. The DMF noises I heard in these videos seem to be tapping noises. The problem is I cannot describe what the noise sounded like, it was just loud almost metallic slightly vibrating shreaking which lasting until the front wheels were over the obstacle or the clutch was dipped again with the hand brake on.

If I can get some kind of recording tomorrow I will.

I know that's not much information to go on, but any ideas? Has anyone experienced similar?

I'm also interested to know what people with DMF issues have experienced particularly on the TSI / TFSI VRS.

Edited by SP36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl2DG0ciD5w

Sounds very similar to this, except mine hasn't done it when generally pulling away from junctions etc up until now though early days. Like the post above describes it happened when creeping up and curb and when releasing the clutch with the hand brake on.

The comments in the post tend to suggest it is a common VAG issue.

I also remember a Ford at work doing similar and was told it was the Thrust Bearing.