Sat Nav colours

nugbuv

Smartlink is an extra on SEL Drive.

Unfortunately the sat nav is now standard. I would have prefered to order without and save some money as my TomTom which is fitted into the top box on the dash is more easily seen when driving and gives me true traffic delays via my smatsphone, which I don't think the seven times the cost fitted unit does as well.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 17/01/2017 at 22:38, nugbuv said:

While awaiting delivery of my first Skoda (Yeti SE L Drive), I am wondering how possible it is to change the map colours of the Amundsen Sat Nav.

As a somewhat colour-blind bloke, I have trouble seeing reds and browns. (Don't worry, traffic lights are very clear...they are always green!!).

I find red-based Sat Nav colour schemes near impossible to decipher, particularly in night mode.

On an early TomTom I was able to download and install workable colour schemes.

Is such a facility available with Skoda"s built-in Sat Nav?

I appreciate this is an old post but here we are 5 years later and the problem still exists for those who are colour blind. For those who aren't the route ahead looks very similar to the other roads, so with a quick glance it looks like there is no route planned. I will give night mode a try but I think I will be using use Google maps which is very clear.