Meadens SKODA - Brockenhurst

DGW

• 1 month later...

This is what a main dealer should be.

Clean site,showroom and reception.

All staff properly presented and tidy.

Customers treated in a very warm and friendly manner and the work carried out as per request.

Tea, coffeee , hot chocolate on tap and a warm friendly atmosphere if you sit and wait for your car.

Nothing is too much trouble for their customers and the prices seem very good too.

Well worth a visit,I will be going back for services even with the 40 + miles journey.

• 1 month later...

Excellent service and the prices are certainly reasonable.

Had major work carried out by the dealer, and even though a wrong part was ordered (not the garages fault IMHO) the level of service was excellent and I was kept informed of progress.

From current experiences I would say they are the best Skoda dealer I have been to by a long way.

I really do hope they don't go the way of the larger dealers as I feel this would be a real shame.

Service is 5 star all the way as far as I am concerned.

Went in today to get the persistent and sporadic turbo fault checked out.

My car was checked on the computer and driven by the service manager.

Typically the fault didn't show while being driven but they did get fault codes and a list of possible causes.

They also diagnosed worn diff bearings,more for the seller to sort out.

I was at Meadens for an hour while this was done.........the charge??

Nothing!

Friendly,helpful,honest good old fashioned service from all the staff.

Thank you Meadens:thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Had a massive problem with some warrenty work that required multiple attempts to fix it.

Much as it was annoying I feel meadens bent over backwards to help, so a big thumbs up. Excellent service from the garage, even if a third party did let the side down.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Booked a "while you wait " 70,000 mile service with Meadens, I was quoted a range of prices depending on actual work involved.

Went in today,service as usual from all staff was brilliant,the car was serviced and ready in just over an hour.The service manager inspected and test drove the car himself and gave advice on two items that will need attention in the future.

The total cost for the service was £169.30............. now where the devil do Westover get a figure of £350 + parts and vat ??

• 1 year later...

Spent weeks looking through dealers/prices and yesterday travelled a round trip of over 400miles to pick up new(ish) car.

Phone calls/emails - spot on.

Service at the site would have been first class except no biscuits with mugs of tea offered when we arrived after over a 4 hour trip!

I can't recommend this garage too highly.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

And yes, car (Octavia TDI PD L & K) drove beautifully. Went for an auto (DSG) box for the first time in over 30 years of motoring. What a superb way of driving.

Thanks Danny.

Pity the dealership isn't based in Suffolk.

• 9 months later...

Im awaiting delivery of FL VRS Octy. I purchased my previous car through this garage which was a Seat Leon. Although there was a closer Seat dealer in Bournemouth, I always got it serviced and MOTd out there. Everytime service was spot on, and they even remembered my name. Order experience was again pleasurable, got chucked the keys of a vrs and was told to bring it back once Id finished with it. Good part ex on mine and everything question I asked seemed to tie up nicely with what I had read on here. Will continue to use this garage and cant recommend highly enough. Thanks

• 4 months later...

They sorted out the annoying rattle from my airbag lid, dropped car off in the morning and they gave me a lift home. Offered to bring the car back later, but managed to pick it up myself. 10/10 for fixing the fault first time, nice friendly people.

• 3 weeks later...

Very pleased with quality of service by Meadens...especially with their response to my finger trouble when I stupidly reset my service routine from variable to annual :blush:

Will use them again without a doubt.

Edited by 90_Russ

• 1 month later...

Picked up a 54 reg Fabia vRS from Meadens yesterday. Very pleasant experience, car very tidy, and a enjoyable drive home! Dealer highly recommended, it's just a shame I live so far away, otherwise I would no doubt get them to carry on with the servicing. Thanks.

• 9 months later...

Top marks to these guys, had 20k service done today. Without asking they have adjusted my handbrake which from day one was very high and also found a fault with the climatic control unit, which is being replaced under warranty as soon as the part arrives :thumbup:

Price came just under the quote too, so Im a happy bunny and will use Meadens from now on, much better than the supplying dealer :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the warranty issue with the aircon. They phoned to say they needed to remove the unit, as Skoda were disputing the fact my car had that unit fitted. I got the message from my wife, so on the way home I called in, expecting to make a booking to remove it. Nope, they offered to remove it there and then... took half and hour and they were able to order the part which arrived very quickly.

Booked car in for replacement which was done by early afternoon and they phoned to let me know it was ready. Brilliant service again from Meadens, its restored my faith in dealers for sure :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Air con serviced yesterday as well as recoding my new Bolero for me.

Perfect service as usual. Very helpful and friendly staff who are also very knowledgeable! Well priced as well, £50 for an air con service with antibacterial clean and replacement filters.

Thanks Meadens.

• 1 month later...

On Monday I drove past Meadens and spotted a Miami Blue Roomster in the showroom, I had been thinking of changing the Fabia for something with a bit more go and flexible room in the back. Later that day I popped in to see what spec it was, I wanted a 1.6 TDI 105 in SE or SE plus spec with the two tone dashboard. Lo and behold, the car in stock was exactly that, an SE with roofbars in silver being the only option.

Obviously I wanted a test drive and Meadens only had a Fabia Estate with that engine, so I thought it would give me a good idea. The following day they let me off on an unnacompanied drive which was great and on my return we did the deal on the Roomster. Gave me a decent part exchange price and the whole sale was very pleasant, no hard sell or anything to make you feel uncomfortable.

Arranged pick up for this Saturday, however I asked on the Thursday if it was at all possible to change it to Friday. This was no problem for them and I now have a lovely new Roomster, which drives much nicer than my Fabia.

Again, great service from Meadens and a very happy customer :D

• 2 months later...

Had my 3rd service done here on the Fabia last week. Mixed feeling over the service, car came back as dirty as it went in which is my first frown. Service reception guy didn't know what spec oil had been used just replied Castrol (dpf car needing 507) so went off came back with a 1 litre bottle and read the back of it. Reported by front brake discs are corroded and lipped but no explanation give why at 25k and 2 1/2 yr this should be the case. In comparing the previous year service at Westover and this one at Meadens my opinion is Westover was better on this occasion.

• 1 month later...

:thumbup: Couple of weeks ago I called by unannounced to ask about some rough running on my Roomster. The service receptionist went and got a tech and he said he would connect it up to the diagnostics right there and then. I asked if that might show up the issues I was having with my windows and he said hed look at that too. Turned out the car was fine re the running and just suspected dpf regens but he did find he window issues and said to book it in.

Booked in for a while you wait, and they updated the window control unit but found the windows still werent operating correctly. So they looked it up and found a service bulletin relating to window runners, all done there and then and everythings fine again.

Just try turning up at one of the big dealers and getting service like that, so as usual.... MEADENS SKODA, YOU ARE THE BEST :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Collected my new Octavia 3 1.4 SE estate today. The whole process- initial phone call, part exchange, ordering and handover- was professional, efficient and friendly. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend Meadens. (Car is great too!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Major problem on Friday. Mrs' Yeti had a flat tyre, changed it for the spare, and went to the tyre dealer. When I got there, no locking nut to get the spare off. Nor when I got back home where I'd made the first swap. Conclusion - I must have driven off with it on the wheel and lost it. It was now 1610 on a Friday - and I flew at 0800 yesterday to Houston, and Mrs needed her car fixed before I went. 

But, rang Meadens garage, they said to bring it in and they'd unlock the spare with their security set, identify which key nut and order it. Tip Top, off we went. 

Even better though, having identified the key nut, service manager had a 'spare' spare of the right design on his bench, provenance unknown (what are the chances of that...and no, it wasn't my original someone had handed in). He donated it for free to Mrs' Yeti, and I made a good donation to the charity box.

Simply wonderful, what good proper service, with a bit of luck thrown in to be fair, should be about. When we bought Mrs' Yeti in January (2nd Skoda now in the stable, I have  Superb L&K) there was a buyer in Meadens who'd travelled from Cornwall to buy on reputation and price. Now that's a bloomin' long way. But  I am not surprised..they're simply excellent.  

• 2 months later...

I have to say that this company is the worst I have ever experienced. Here's why: 

I bought a Octavia 1.6 Greenline in August 2013 here. It had been registered in Sept. 2012 & had done 10.500 miles. The salesman told me it had been an ex-Skoda manager's car but I soon discovered it was an ex-hire company car. Alarm bells began to ring too late.

During the first week I found the AC wasn't working so took it back for repairs....this on a car that had had the much vaunted ŠKODA APPROVED multi-point vehicle inspection check.....

I was in Cumbria in October when I experienced the first rainfall of the year & discovered that the wipers would wipe but the washer didn't wash. Driving with a smeared windscreen is no fun & Border Cars diagnosed a dud washer motor.  I took the car to Meadens on my return to Dorset & got a frosty reception. The saleman asked why I hadn't tested the washer/wipe before I went to Cumbria? Why in hot sunny weather, I asked, & Why didn't you? but got no reply.

The workshop tested the system but found nothing wrong....remember the wipers wiped but the washer didin't.....? During the intervening weeks I asked Skoda Customer Care for help & must thank Maxine to getting the problem solved eventually. Before this though, the motor was replaced but that wasn't the answer as no water jetted out. At this point I was told all Skodas were like this & I'd have to put up with it....

My solicitor told me safety was an issue & they MUST fix it & I relayed this to Meadens. Another saleman asked what I wanted on one visit - I described the problem & he said "I don't believe you" thus accusing me of being liar.  When I took the car back for the last workshop visit I felt I was being punished when told they didn't have a courtesy car, so I was transported back & forth in a small, uncomfortable van.

Eventually the problem was fixed by the wiring to the motor being reversed......I must ask why a car having had a multi-point vehicle inspection check, Meadens hadn't discovered these faults instead of me?  More to the point, why didn't treat me with more care?  The words 'You'll have to put up with it' & 'I don't belive you' are what I remember most about tangling with Meadens......I have told Skoda & will never go to Meadens again.

Border Cars near Workington seem a different lot. They replaced the compressor under warranty last month, though Lillyhall is not the best spot to hang around for an hour or two.

So far this Octavia has been returned to the workshop 3 times in the 11 months I've had it. This is 3 times more than any other car I've owned.  The one thing I do like about the 1.6 diesel engine is getting 65 MPG.  It's just had it's first service at my local garage & the wheels came off for the brakes to be checked  now I can stop on a 6 pence.    

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like a sales figure and not a valued customer - after sales support within 24 hours is aweful!

It all started so well... My search for a used rapid 1.2tsi elegance with average miles and good value for money lead me to meadens.

Their website told me they were dealership of the year and the sales man was very straight forward to deal with over the phone. I was assured that the car was in excellent condition and that it would come with the usual skoda approved checks, warranties and breakdown cover. FANTASTIC, I thought and my wife was happy to.

A few days later I drive down to collect our 'new' car. The dealership is clean and tidy much like the car. I go for a short drive and complete the paper work. All the accessories are fitted or in the car... It's all going so well! However, as I drive down the road I notice the rear speaker not working so I call meadens and I head back for them to look at it. Several hours later I'm eventually on my long journey home with a stereo that works.

The next day as I'm driving down the motorway and when I break I hear a sloshing noise from the front passanger door. Puzzled and frustrated I ring meadens who this time aren't apologetic or empathetic and tell me it's a warranty issue and to book it in at my local dealership - it's not their problem anymore!

Now I'm very disappointed and frustrated. I feel like I'm just a number to the salesman. I ask to speak with the manager in hope he will be more understanding and possibly apologetic, having had two issues within 24 hours of picking up the car. Turns out he was to busy and there was nothing they can do - I ask for a phone call from the dealer principle when he arrived the next morning and I'm told he will call at 8:30am (I'm still waiting!)

I then decide to call Skoda UK, apologetic, empathetic and are as disappointed with my experience as I am.

The next day the sales manager rings, apparently they aren't responsible for the issues, they wouldn't (and clearly did not) pick up on these issues as part of their skoda check - which makes me wonder what they did check? He does appologies and says if I was closer they would collect the car and get the warranty work sorted that day... This bring me to an interesting part of the story.

The car is by now booked in with my local dealer (prior to buying the car the salesman there said that the car was to good to be true!) their service advisor reassuringly wants to carry out the recommended fix from skoda on all four doors and skoda say this takes an hour per door. They will provide a car for me to use but I need to cover the insurance of £9 (reasonable enough for them to make such a charge but one I feel meadens should cover.) The sales manger at meadens tells me it doesn't take that long, they don't know what they are doing and meadens won't cover the cost of the car and he calls the service advisor at my local dealership. It appears he knows better than skoda, their trained technicians and wants to cut another corner. Meadens sales manager says they can't do anything, if I was closer they'd collect it but it's a warranty issue that what the warrantiy is for. Meadens will not spend anymore money on my car (he did however offer to pay for the courtosey car out of his own pocket?)

My car is waiting to go in and I've not had a call from meadens since.

Pre sales experience: 10:10 (excellent)

Making the initial purchase: 10:10

Collection of vehicle: 7.5:10 (was as expected)

Dealing with issue found within 20 mins and a couple of miles down the road: 8:10

Second problem: 2:10

Overall: 2:10

I feel like a sales figure not a valued customer...if you live within a few miles of the dealership I suspect they're very good but be ready for little support if you buy from a distance.

*** update ***

The car went in to my local Skoda garage - service advisor was BRILLIANT! The recommended fix on the doors has been carried out and they have won a service customer! Meadens have sent me a cheque... Drum roll please... ...for £10.80! I guess that's £9.00 for the hire car and a little extra as a sorry? The cheque arrived with a blank bit of headed paper and nothing written so I guess 'sorry' was to much to write.