Everything posted by MCG1975
-
Skoda connect problem
Thanks - I've got to go out later so will try from where I park up there. Did you choose register or log-in when you were in the car can you remember?
-
Skoda connect problem
Afternoon - so picked up my flashy new Octavia this morning and drove home feeling slightly stupid that I couldn't work out how to change the radio station! A day of manual reading and fiddling is in order... Anyway, have tried to set up Skoda Connect and while I've set it all up on the PC, the car (which the website has correctly identified) keeps rejecting my username/password. I've double checked capitals and also reset the password via the website just in case, still nothing. I did try entering my details and pressing 'register' rather than log-on which asked me to start the car, but it then sat at 'registration in progress' or something like that. Am I doing something wrong here - for the first time of becoming the primary user do I touch register or logon once I've entered my details? Any guidance much appreciated!
-
Leaking Panoramic Roof - The Cause and the Cure
Thanks - as much as I don't like to give up on the car as it was the right colour, right age, right price etc I think this is just going to be too much. As it happens I'm going to be at the dealers tomorrow morning picking up my new company car, so I'll see if I can ask them about a trade in. Looking on their website my wife's seen a Fabia in Racing Green that's taken her fancy now...!!
-
Leaking Panoramic Roof - The Cause and the Cure
While it's not good that this is happening to so many, I'm glad it's not just us having this issue! Jan 2016 Yeti Outdoor, wife calls me on Friday to say she's got a lot of water in the driver and rear offside footwells and on removing the floor mats a push with my finger revealed a good half inch of water sitting in/under the floor. Had wondered why the inside kept getting so misty/damp! I spent a frustrating afternoon working out how to remove a-pillar covers, sun visors etc and there's a slow drip coming from somewhere in the driver's front corner - the tube is completely clear (unlike passenger's side which I had to clear out). Pouring water in the corner most comes through the drain but some seems to come through I know not where - there's a white plastic tube that comes along the side of the sunroof and tucks into a hole on the front side and drips seem to be coming from where it goes in there, but I can't see how. Used a Vax to suck out the water as best as I could, emptied the Vax 3 times - astounding amount of water. Guess based on other comments on this thread we've got a crack somewhere causing a leak; as I'm not set up to solve it myself (as much as I am wiling to have a go, I'm on an exposed driveway in December and don't have all the tools) so I think I may have to take it to the local independent garage and see how much it will cost. Hopefully not too much - we've only had the car since July (so now out of warranty from where we bought it!) so it's a bit disappointing - we really like the car and my wife enjoys driving it (as so I when I get the chance), but this has knocked our confidence in it slightly so if this is an ongoing issue I fear a trade in may be on the cards.
-
Replacing right hand steering wheel control panel
I might have to come see you at some point re VCDS then! Based on your signature you're local to me...
-
Replacing right hand steering wheel control panel
Yeah, I've just discovered that!! How frustrating...
-
Replacing right hand steering wheel control panel
Presumably to ensure I get the correct part number it's best to have a look at what I've already got on the car? Looking online there are a few on eBay but the part numbers seem to vary ever so slightly (last digit for example).
-
Replacing right hand steering wheel control panel
Thanks everyone - think I'll have to have a look at how to remove the air-bag, something that fills me slightly with dread in terms of it going off on me! Haynes manual may be on the shopping list, along with the buttons (found one set for £99, will keep searching)! Think it's just the scroll wheel contacts as they occasionally work, and all the other buttons are fine, so maybe I'll get lucky and can repair it! Maybe I should swap it with the Superb's before it gets returned...!!
-
Replacing right hand steering wheel control panel
I'm sure this won't be purely a Yeti matter as I've got the same controls on my Superb, but the right hand scroll wheel on our Yeti is intermittent to the point of non existent when you rotate it so I'm thinking I'll need to replace it, as otherwise it's impossible to use the Maxidot display. All the push button bits work, including pushing the scroll wheel, it's just the rolling bit to select different screens that either doesn't work or requires several rotations (compared to the Superb's where it changes with every click). I have found elsewhere on here how to remove it (prise off the surround and remove screws), but I'm not sure how simple it is to replace (ie do you have to take off air bag, does it require coding etc), and so far I've drawn a blank on finding the replacement part online. Car is a Jan 2016 registered Yeti Outdoor SE Business, so from what I've seen has the newer style buttons compared to older threads I've found. Thanks in advance for any pointers.
-
DPF Engine Warning light
No, aside from the fact it's a company car I don't know enough to start checking resistances or other checks so wouldn't know where to start. I'll bear it in mind though if I get the same issue on our Yeti at any point, as that is mine and if I can fix it myself, all the better!
-
DPF Engine Warning light
Car is with dealer today, and sure enough it's a glow plug. All done for £92.10, not bad for main dealer (and they washed the car again!!)
-
Potential rust spot, be warned
Noticed one of the stone chips on my roof has started to rust...car must know it's about to go back!
-
Timing belt or chain? change interval
Strange - when the dealer had to look it up for mine they had to convert from kilometres (from the main Skoda information online I think) and ended up at 75,000 miles (1.6 Diesel). Not that I was worried as it's a company car and they paid, but for something so fundamental I find it odd there isn't detail in the service book and it's all down to asking around on forums like this!
-
DPF Engine Warning light
Is this the warning light that looks like a little picture of the engine? Like this... This popped up on my car yesterday morning, and hasn't gone after well over 250 miles of driving. Phoned dealer and is booked in next Tuesday, bit nervous about driving with it on but they said only issue is if the light goes red and limp mode may come on, so watch out for sudden lack of power. Someone I spoke to had an Audi with this and it was a failed glowplug. Hope it will be OK to drive still - I've got a circa 150 odd mile journey tomorrow and could do without it dumping me on the side of the road miles from home! Car is 4 years 8 months old, 1.6TDi 120PS with 131,600 odd miles on it, never had this before but with lockdown I've been doing less drives (but those I have done are often longish). Company car so not hurting my wallet (thankfully) but just hoping it will keep going till the end of the month when the new car should arrive - think it must have heard it's being replaced!!
-
SE Technology First Edition??
Nice - my company had some difficulty getting the finance package they needed, and we didn't get any information on what was already available so my original choice of Corrida Red remained. Glad it did as it's replacing a Corrida Red Superb and we've also got a red Yeti and red Citigo at home....I may be slightly obsessed by red...!