Skip to content

WolfyWesty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WolfyWesty

  1. Not at all. I'll need to dig out the paperwork so will drop you a personal message once I find it.
  2. My 14 plate also suffered that, then solved the problem itself as quickly as it came. Mine did have a problem with the chain tensioner, but it was a simple enough fix by a local garage within a week of it being diagnosed (loud rattle when starting). My 1.2TSI done 55K miles and still runs without any issues. You could argue the inside finish is a bit on the cheap side in terms of look/feel, especially when compared to it's VAG counterparts, but it's by no means a deal breaker.
  3. Hi, Will you give money back on current insurance premiums if cars haven't been used much this year, along the same lines as Direct Line etc have done?
  4. And the view from the top of Blackfell, looking away from Windermere. We got a bit wet on the hike back down!
  5. View from hiking up to Blackfell.
  6. Parking sensors work fine, gives you a colour reading on the screen in terms of distance from an object. Also installed a reversing camera and that works fine too. You can set the display to show you the turning trajectory when you move the steering wheel. and give you the green/yellow/red distance markings. Doesn't boot up instantly compared to the original Swing radio, but quick enough it's not an issue.
  7. Hello! I'm looking to get myself a budget Landscape lens, as I've only ever been using the standard 18 55mm lens that came with the body, however I'm after something a bit better that has a slight wide-angle perspective. I've read good reviews about the EF-S 10 - 18mm which I'm keeping an eye on to see if it gets any discounts on Black Friday/Cyber Monday ( https://www.wexphotovideo.com/canon-ef-s-10-18mm-f45-56-is-stm-lens-1553465/ ) but I'm wondering if any photographers on here have any recommendations for the under £300 range? Thanks,
  8. Fabulous shots! I'll echo mac11irl on asking what setup you used?
  9. Washed girlfriend's EcoSport seeing as it's been dry today. Chemical Guys Bug+Tar Remover CarPlan No 1 Super Clean Shampoo Two bucket wash with microfiber mitt Rinse Dry with microfiber towel Simoinz Carnauba Wax DemonShine Spray on Shine RainX on windows DemonShine Super Wheel Cleaner Simoinz Wet look Tyre shine Ready to sit on the drive for another 4 weeks! At least it is clean though.
  10. Cheers! Nope, only an hour!
  11. Roof done through insurance. Only cost £250. Took AutoGlass 6 hours to do as the glue for the roof was like concrete and they went through 3 whole rolls of cutting wire. Kept me updated the entire time so can't fault them. Roof itself cost £1500 and they said the labour cost wouldn't have been far off with 2 of them working on it. Not bad for £250 and no change to my policy. All sorted though!
  12. Nothing since September? Might as well break the dry spell. Quick wash on my lunch break as the weather improved (perk of working from home!) Chemical Guys Bug+Tar Remover CarPlan No 1 Super Clean Shampoo Two bucket wash with microfiber mitt Rinse Dry with microfiber towel DemonShine Spray on Shine RainX on windows DemonShine Super Wheel Cleaner Simoinz Wet look Tyre shine Next time I wash it I'll add a layer of Carnauba Wax ready for the winter months.
  13. Mine is this one from a UK retailer https://audiotechdirect.com/pba-vw5115v-8-android-10-0-after-market-radio-for-vw-seat-skoda/ Great customer service too.
  14. Had mine in for 18 months, all buttons on the steering wheel worked as soon as it was plugged in.
  15. LIghtcliffe have been ringing me a couple of times over the last few weeks, with a very friendly lady telling me my MOT and service are due and asking if I'd like to book it in. Now on my 4th call in so many weeks from the same person. Which would be great, if the MOT/Service hadn't been due mid July and have since been done. I keep telling them this, but not sure the message is being saved.
  16. Two classic rivals: Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Evo
  17. MK2 Ford Escort.
  18. Surprised they're classing it as a write off with some light panel damage, that's still a bummer though! Enjoyed reading your previous build threads. Would imagine it'll be a "Class N" which means it can be used on the road.
  19. I'm guessing from a stone chip, but in all honesty I have no idea. On my way to/from work I drive and wait under a number of overpass bridges, so don't know if something's come off one of those and caused it? But I'll likely never know. The crack goes about 1/4 the length of the roof. Luckily, it's simple to replace as they'll just swap out the entire piece (including the blinds/screens) and they can do it at a local depot. Fingers crossed!
  20. Oh bother. Panoramic roof isn't covered under windscreen insurance, so will have to claim through general bodywork damage. No claims is protected, so won't affect policy. Still have to pay excess though. Quote from Autoglass was £1,560.59
  21. Hello! My car currently has the below wheels, but I'm looking to potentially drop a size to 16" to increase comfort on long journeys (I do a lot of motorway miles a week for work). I've read that you can put Fabia/Ibiza/Leon wheels on the Rapid without issue, so wheel choice is fairly wide. 215/40R17 87T 7Jx17 ET46 5x100 Will dropping from 17" to 16" have any benefit, or is it a better bet dropping to 15"? Thanks,
  22. Hi, I've recently had a Stage 1 remap on my car, which has taken the power from 86BHP to 130BHP. Given this is quite a serious jump in power: 1.) Are there any brokers that specialise in insuring cars with these modifications? I've had a look at some standard ones and they only cover 25% increase in engine power. If so, who do people recommend? 2.) If you don't declare the remap, would the insurance company ever check if it had been remapped in the event of a claim? (I've notified them of previous modifications such as new Sat Nav and a towbar) I'm currently with Hastings Direct and was met with a confused representative when I phoned them up to enquire about the remap affecting my insurance. They didn't understand what I was going to do, which hasn't filled me with confidence. Thanks,
  23. Hi, I'm looking to replace all the yellow interior bulbs in my Rapid, but I've never done this before (only ever swapped out a dud bulb in an old car) so I'm just asking if it's a straightforward swap? Naturally having a look on Superskoda for bulbs, but they seem a little pricey when compared to eBay and Halfords. Are the SuperSkoda bulbs worth the money? Thanks,
  24. Hi, Looking to replace my 14 plate Rapid Spaceback's yellow headlight bulbs with white ones. I'd ideally like to replace all the yellow ones (dipped beam, main beam, side lights and daytime running lights) but want to see if there are any brands/models to avoid. Which brands do people recommend? For example, seen these on Superskoda which seem a good buy but Halfords seem to offer a cheaper set: http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/RAPID/Rapid-MEGA-POWER-LED-position-light-bulbs-KI-R https://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-blades-batteries/car-bulbs/382-super-bright-led-car-bulb-halfords-advanced-twin-pack Has people found it to be a worthwhile change or could it just be a waste of money? Thanks,
  25. Hi! So after purchasing a 1.2 TSI Rapid Spaceback in February of this year, I'm undertaking a little project on it to personalise it a tad. Nothing too drastic like an engine swap/lowering it just a few odds and sods to improve the car. The car is in amazing condition inside/out given it's a 14 plate. That said the alloys were refurbished by the dealership (Evans Halshaw) and the bonnet was re-sprayed as it had a large chip/dent in it on one of the crease lines on the drivers side. Very few stone chips on the front bumper too though it's just rolled over 40K miles. The car was factory standard when purchased - aside from the previous owner debadging the rear - so there's a few changes I want to make: - Replace the Swing Bluetooth unit with a newer/smarter system - Black the grille surround - Black the front and rear badges (may revert back depending how it looks). - Wind deflectors - Mudflaps - Deatchable towbar for a bike rack - Front bumper lip/splitter The car is also on 3 different tyres (front pair match, two odds on the rear) but they're all new so not an issue. Will either match the front pair (Davanti) or just replace all 4 before winter. Will post updates as I go along! Cheers,

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.