Skip to content

100andthirty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. @gareth71 Weather at the time was dry and about 17C. Like you I've had problems with assistive devices if it's icy. The heated windscreen clears everything but the camera aperture!
  2. Driving south on the UK's M1 motorway at around Watford Gap Services there were numerous warning beeps and messages over a couple of minutes - Assistance services unavailable, front assist not available, ACC not available, auto main beam not available and cornering lights not available. All this happened very soon after a red "drowsy" alert. Anyway, I carried on, leaving the motorway at Junction 15, heading for Milton Keynes. I did turn off the ignition breifly and restart, but to no avail. 10 minutes later, another beep and all the systems started working again. Is this a feature? Was the system software updating itself? Has anyone else expererienced anything like this?
  3. David - if you do retire this thread, I hope you start a new on to record your experiences. For me, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading what you and other have written. Despite the challeges this has all been a friendly and positive set of interactions.
  4. I have a 1.5 eTSI Hatch which was a replacement for a 2.0 220 HP mark 3 estate. I wanted a car that was more economical but could keep up with traffic. I have achieved the ecomy aim - the 1.5 is 20-25% more economical on 95RON petrol than the 2.0 was on 97RON. It keeps up with traffic even when loaded, but is no sperts car. The 2.0 could frighten the **** out of me if I floored the throttle whereas the smaller engine just has a little extra 'go' to get past slow traffic. It suits me. As @ducu said, best go ant try one. My test was on a 1.5 mark3 which wasn't the mild hybrid. That showed me that it would be fine. Hope this helps.
  5. Having returned to trying to understand what's been going on with playing "random" MP3, I realised that they weren't random at all. The unit had managed to set itself to play tracks in artist aphabetical order. I had previously set it to play in folder order. Quite why it decided to change setting, I can't fathom. I'm certain is wasn't me!
  6. This is one of those "surely there must be a solution, but suspect it's a feature" rather like the issue where you can accept a phne call from a button on the steering wheel but not end it! I like to listen to recordings on a USB stick with material ripped from CDs and other sources. Each collection/album is in a file. If I set the system playing tracks from 'album X', I expect to return to the same album after parking and leaving the car. However, all to often the car starts playing music from a completely different album which is almost never the next one alphabetically. Am I doing something wrong or is it a fault or.....a feature? Any ideas?
  7. I was caught out by this too. My rescuer on this forum also added photos of the right screen:https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/536899-heated-rear-seats-control/
  8. I tried that and the response to "Hey Laura........." was (in a male voice!) "I haven't been trained to do that yet".
  9. Hi tjn2060, thanks for this. There was no padlock icon on the screen for me assuming I'd pressed the right ones of course. I pressed the '4 squares' icon - bottom left, then 'seats', then 'rear' and landed on a screen very similar to the photo in your post. Then at second attempt, I found a screen that was exactly as you described, and all sorted, thanks again.
  10. Carried my first adult passenger in the back seats today. She wanted a heated seat. The touch control on the back of the centre console didn't seem to work. Until....... We consulted the manual, and it's pretty straightforward to switch them on from the front touch screen (but I wouldn't want to do it when driving). Once switched on, the controls in the back can reduce the heat or turn off the seat heating. Am I missing something? Can the rear heated seats be turned on from the back? As ever, the manual isn't all that much help! Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  11. Does anyone know where this sticker is located on a mk4 hatch?
  12. I'm probably an outlier here. I wanted a 1.5eTSI SEL hatch with rear wiper and winter pack. I wasn't too bothered about colour. Visited dealer mid August 2025. A grey metallic car was available from stock, so delivered two weeks later on 1 September.
  13. The issue occurred again today. More Googling and I've now disabled the setting on my phone that allows Android Auto to start playing music automatically. Fingers crossed.
  14. To be fair, this is the first and olny time it has done this in the mere two and a half months I've owned the car. I'm hoping there won't be a repetition. Fingers crossed.
  15. Hi all. Another odd event today. I was listening to music from a usb stick, when suddenly I found the soundtrack had changed to a programme on BBC Sounds catch up service from my phone via Android Auto. This seemed to happen just after I'd selected revers gear in the unlikely event that this makes a difference! Strange things was, that BBC Sounds wasn't running on my phone at the time and when I was last using it, I was connected to a different channel. Am I, or is the car going mad?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.