Skip to content

bmbmdmb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bmbmdmb

  1. My exhaust has done nearly 90k miles and 13 years, which is pretty good for an exhaust. When the exhaust starts to blow what are the recommended options? Wino said not to buy a substandard exhaust, I agree. You don't want a noisy exhaust (or maybe some people do). I once did a full exhaust change, including catalyst rebuild when I found the lambda/O2 sensor on another car (Toyota Yaris) was welded in place. I found the new exhaust (ECP) didn't quite fit like the old one. The manifold I suspect had been changed as the dealer metal manifold to exhaust gasket was too small. Can Kwik fit stuff match OEM or is it worth paying for dealer part? Personally, I don't want a noisy exhaust for effects with a few bhp extra. Thanks
  2. Anyone cleaned their EGR out and want to post a few pics or mention tools needed etc. I had a look around engine bay. It appears at rear middle / nearside of engine bay. One of the hoses is labeled egr. This is 2l diesel 110kw 150bhp engine. A few hoses connected either crimp compression clips or flat screwdriver jubilee compression clips and torx screws. Thanks
  3. Anyone replaced their heat shield clips recently? Sounded like exhaust was falling off, but after prodding around it was a clip that was corroded. Others didn't look too healthy, neither. I have searched and an old thread showed a part number N 903 350 05 Only listing online I could find is for 4 clips and about £15 from US. Dealer is a bit far to travel. Apparently, they cost 20p 8 yrs ago. So, that's alot of inflation to nearly £4 a clip. Are they standard sizes or bespoke to the car model? Thanks
  4. Hi, After bushes were changed I had the alignment tracking done. The steering wheel was slightly out and the car pulled to right slightly. Interestingly a spirit level over tyre of 1.2m length confirmed one wheel was out of alignment Kwik fit have the Hunter machine and offering free alignment at moment, with no obligation to have it done if out. I had it done 3years ago with them The caster is off on near side. After Cupra solid bushes were fitted it is still off. The car pulls slightly to left, despite toe being aligned. Is this caster way out or going to cause issues? I read the difference between left and right wheels should not be more than .30 degrees. It is .36degrees. It was more like 0.5 to 0.6 previously. Caster does not affect tyre wear. Can subframe be adjusted? Will this cause any issues uncorrected? Thanks

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.