Skip to content

Luckypants

FREEDOMLite

Everything posted by Luckypants

  1. Really no excuse for that with a Tesla, the app tells you your car is charged with a little alarm. Did you go round the shop and have a word or ring Faith to come move her car?
  2. The best solution for improved m/kWh is lower weight batteries, but I agree lower weight overall and improved aero are big wins too. Tesla seem to get 4-5 m/kWh and have reduced battery size as their efficiency improved. Improved efficiency gives a virtuous circle of smaller and cheaper batteries, less weight again and improved charge times. New battery tech to get energy density up is what is needed. Most car companies and their battery partners are working on this. If 500Wh per Kg became the norm, my ID.4 would be approximately 200Kg lighter I don't see the need for 450 mile ranges, but each to their own. I'd be very happy with 250-300 mile range and 4.5+ m/kWh. The smaller battery this would allow takes less time to charge, so charger congestion becomes less of a thing. I'd seriously consider something like the MG5 next time round as they are getting 250 miles from 62kWh battery and it is an estate. If next gen batteries further improve this, could be a win.
  3. As an ID.4 owner, I can't say I recognise that trait. However, you have chosen a very fine car and one that YOU like, so enjoy the new motor when it arrives. Do you have a delivery timescale yet?
  4. There is reason for the drum brakes. First as these are rear wheel drive and therefore rear wheel regen braking, there is no need for powerful rear brakes. Second, as the friction brakes are much less used because of regen, rear disks on EVs suffer from seizing and corrosion. The enclosed drums should negate this. Finally, drum brakes cost less 🤣
  5. Saw one in the flesh at the weekend. Looks OK, a bit tall for the width but a model 3 on steroids is a fair comment. Incidentally the first 22 plate I've seen.
  6. Whoops! Typo, that's 12 (twelve) new chargers there. Pretty big scale. Gridserve are also working on a hub at Cornwall Services, hopefully ready for summer.
  7. And so Scotland aren't left out of the year end rush to install new chargers, FastNed have announced a new 8x300kW hub in Hamilton.
  8. Obviously getting these in for end of month / quarter / financial year. Instavolt Banbury hub extension live today with 8 extra 150kW chargers.
  9. Burton in Kendal motorway services Gridserve hub went live last night. Note the 4 x 350kW chargers, in addition to the 2 x 60kW devices. One 100kW CHAdeMO added.
  10. Don't you think all this should be in one of the (many) charger / charging threads? Not particularly about the Cupra Born is it?
  11. In depth review by Autogefuhl from the launch day
  12. AFAIK there are no 'hubs' after that on the M6 until after the M62 junction. The nearest thing would be the MfG EV Power site in Stretford if going to that part of Manchester. There is the Osprey hub near Wolverhampton (WV4 6LQ), but its not handy for the Motorway. Banbury seems to be getting some special love from the charging networks for some reason
  13. You mean Corley services? Both North and Southbound have 7/8 chargers but only 50kW each.
  14. The VW ID cars have that feature too. Some see it as penny pinching, others (like me) see it as less clutter. I don't find it a problem in my car (ID.4).
  15. Probably cable in a conduit, especially metal conduit.
  16. Osprey hub in Wolverhampton and Banbury now open. Instavolt in Banbury now open.
  17. On the subject of hubs, Gridserve opened their new 350kW charging hub at Exeter services today. 12 (twelve) new chargers in addition to the 4 60kW chargers there already. Gridserve recently opened a hub at Swansea services too. The Wetherby hub and Burton-in-Kendal hub almost ready by all accounts. And although not in England, worth mentioning the Cross Hands hub that opened last weekend.
  18. Good. MfG seem to be one of the better providers of EV charging. They get that a single charger don't cut it and some weather protection would be nice. The one in Stretford, Manchester looks great. They also listen to customers, when users complained the charging cables were too short, they fitted longer cables and adopted that as their standard. I look forward to trying out the one at Crow Orchard if needed on a trip North.
  19. Yes I mean the armoured cable. I'm not qualified to suggest anything electrical, so I won't. My Wallbox has a very short run of normal cable from it's connection run in trunking into the bottom of the box. done by a Wallbox installer so should be fine. I would suggest rear entry would be best, no cable on show to tempt the light fingered brigade.
  20. Avoid chargers with fancy LED lights or illuminated screens, as these advertise its presence to thieves. As mentioned above keep it out of sight if possible. I don't think any kind of lock will work on a cable, they will cut it and slide it out of the lock. You might also consider the amount of cable feeding your charger. If a long run is on display they will try to take that too.
  21. Similar at my local Tesco in January. We have a "Parking Like a T@*t" page on Facebook for the area, so got put on there....
  22. I don't have either, so no comment on choices so far. You might want to add Hypervolt to your list as they seem popular on the ID.4 FB group for solar integration.
  23. Interesting that the guy clearly doesn't like EVs nor VW's haptic buttons, but gets to go the product launch of something that has all of those. I really like the Buzz, they've done a good job of styling and packaging. The ID ride and handling are excellent IMO, so this will be a great family bus. I can also see them becoming beloved of Taxi drivers....
  24. Some background on hybrid car users experience. https://octopusev.com/ev-hub/disadvantages-of-hybrid-cars
  25. Same here. If the boot works for the dogs, I could see us downsizing to one. Range is not quite what I'd like (250), but close.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.