Skip to content

Luckypants

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Luckypants

  1. I'm thinking of making a similar transition, but maybe tempted to stay with Skoda if I can get an Enyaq in a sensible time scale. I'd definitely be interested to hear about your views on the e-Niro versus the Karoq.
  2. Lucid Air launched with 400 mile range, Tesla respond with an increase in range to the model S to 414 miles to leapfrog them again (ranges in US EPA figures). Lucid have not challenged that. I don't think Tesla need to worry too much, by the time Lucid are actually producing cars in any numbers, Tesla will have migrated all their cars to the new battery cell structure / chemistry to achieve better energy density. I also think Lucid are unlikely to be a direct competitor to Tesla, as their car is more luxurious (and expensive) than the Model S. The more likely competitor to Lucid will be the Mercedes EQS due late this year. The whole reason every new battery car is compared to Tesla is they are the benchmark, whether they compete in the market sector or not. Personally, I don't believe Lucid will be a consideration for car owners in Europe. (Ditto Rivian)
  3. I agree with @e-Roottoot, that's not gonna happen for a long time. The electric Mii and e-Up are sold out for the foreseeable future and you cannot order one. While they can sell everything they make, no incentive to come out with "Id.1"
  4. A useful thread from a couple of years ago.... And photos of my set up with a universal liner and the sakura rubber mat above.
  5. Big question for me, which will be out first - ID.4 or Enyaq?
  6. New review by Autoguful
  7. Looks like Autocar may have broken an embargo, I'm getting 'page not found'.....
  8. So here's a conundrum, Gridserve have confirmed price as 24p/kWh at the EV charging hub but they also have Tesla Superchargers on-site which charge at 29p/kWh (unless special price for those). What are they going to do when Kia e-Niro man comes in and finds all the Gridserve chargers full of Teslas charging as its cheaper? This is a problem @e-Roottoot has found in Scotland too, Teslas charging on the free CCS 50kW chargers right next to a bank of Superchargers. Just wondering, as these will be problems to be worked out by operators.
  9. This would concern me with a Tesla very much. The adaptive cruise on my Karoq is brilliant on the motorway but does do the phantom braking if a car is turning left into a side road on a normal road. Having seen videos of the next level predictive cruise control VAG is using, that looks even better on non-motorway roads. Thank you for your honest 'normal bloke' view of the Tesla, it is putting its capabilities into perspective.
  10. Real world range varies for everyone, mainly due to driving style. A standardised range test like this allows consumers to compare apples to apples with regards to potential range. I believe in future focus will be on miles per kilowatt hour, as electricity prices rise at rapid chargers. I still pay attention to cost per mile. I think VW are being conservative with WLTP / EPA range claims to avoid more bad press after dieselgate. It seems the ID.3 owners are getting similar results to claimed range.
  11. What has a video of ICE Skodas being built got to do with it's electric models?
  12. Luckypants replied to vrskeith's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    Production has started and the line looks great. Note that there are 80x model badges on two cars (or the same one twice), so does that mean the AWD versions are now available for order?
  13. Fingers crossed the correct cable will complete the fix and you get 7.2Kw charging.
  14. Did they give you an upgraded cable to go with it? I understand the original cables were 16 amp but to get 7.2Kw charge rate you need a cable rated at 32amp.
  15. I think the basic interiors are plain and uninspiring. I'd like to see them in person before a final decision, but I'm thinking the "Lounge" interior with alcantera (or micro suede) is what I'd go for but its bally expensive at £1200! The idea of 'concepts' is a bit Ikea and is marketing BS IMHO. I'd prefer the current situation where you choose a trim level where you like the interior and hope all the toys you want are included. With this new 'concept' approach, I can't see there being many stock cars of suitable specification being available for buyers, so every car will be a factory order - with the associated massive wait. The wait will be exacerbated by ID.4 orders taking up battery supplies, which would make a stock car more attractive but this concept will lead to less stock cars being ordered in by dealers in my opinion.
  16. @JKW I'd be interested to know who you are leasing from. Current projections look like e-Niro might be the replacement for my Karoq, so I got a quote from WeVee. Thats quite a lot more than my Karoq, so any tips on where to look would be appreciated.
  17. Indeed, as our little petrol is great in the snow on the OEM tyres, probably due to low weight and low power.
  18. Petrol Citigo are 33F/30R. The electric version is about 300Kg heavier but running around on the same sized tyres, so it makes sense that the tyre pressures need to be higher. Also, the weight is distributed in the car differently to the petrol version, as the motor is lighter than an engine but the batteries taking up the space used by the petrol tank are much heavier - so 36psi all round seems quite reasonable. BTW - where was the sticker?
  19. Really good video which is totally relatable to us in the UK.
  20. Until Ionity, FastNed and the like become more prevalent here, I agree. I'm also waiting for Model Y but pricing may be a bit too much for me. ID.4 and Enyaq (with heat pump) are also in the frame as these may be more affordable. By rights, none of these belong in this discussion as they are all north of £40k, let alone sub 30K
  21. For resistive heating this is true. A lot of EVs are using heat pumps now that have an efficiency of up to 400% - 1Kw of electric gives 4Kw of heat. I only know the basics of the physics involved, so am taking the manufacturers at their word. Heat pump is standard on ID.3, ID.4 and Jag i-Pace. It is an option on Enyaq. Tesla use heat pumps on Model Y and are due to fit that tech. to Model 3 next year. Heat pumps are likely to get cleverer in the future as big corporations get behind development.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.