Skip to content

Luckypants

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Luckypants

  1. I don't have an EV (yet) so do not have real world experience, but I have considered exactly that scenario. My conclusion is that all of these types of journeys end up with an overnight stay (for me) and 12-16 hours on a 3-pin plug will give a useful boost in range. For example an Enyaq would charge at about 7mph (https://ev-database.uk/car/1279/Skoda-Enyaq-iV-60) on a 3-pin plug so a full overnight charge would add 84-112 miles of range. That and any range left when arriving at destination should see you right to get to a rapid charger. If you are staying at a hotel, book one with a destination charger.
  2. Am I missing something here? If your car mists up, put on the Air Con and it will clear. Damp car - put on the Air Con and it dries out (due to Air Con dehumidifying feature). So most people drive around with Air Con on Auto, so misting up is not a problem. I don't see misting up as an EV vs ICE issue, both types do it and the solution for both is the same - run the Air Con.
  3. I just topped mine up again. It was at "400 miles before no engine start" warning and took 10l container. I have been buying double packs of Greenchem ad-blue from Amazon at £17 for 20l but won't need that much again before the lease is up, so have looked around. You will get ad-blue on almost any forecourt, but beware of any that has been stored for long periods in the sun. Also available in Home Bargains (5l containers), any motor factors, online at EuroCarparts and Screwfix - to name just a few. If you are passing any of those places, get some. However, I doubt you will get a full 10l pack into the tank with 1300 ad-blue range showing.
  4. I think it may be to do with the model of Citigo your mum has tried. Our Citigo Monte Carlo has a height adjustable driver's seat and cranked up to the top position it is pretty high, higher than the fixed seat of the showroom model we test drove. I'm not sure which other models have height adjustable seating, but it may be a good idea to check. Or maybe get an UP! instead?
  5. Luckypants replied to vrskeith's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    An 11kw charger needs a 3 phase supply. If you have 3 phase, why not go for a 22kw charger to future proof yourself? The vehicle will limit charge power to what it can handle. According to the above, the Enyaq on board A/C charger is 11kw, so that's the max it will take A/C.
  6. Your photo is upside down, makes it hard to see how it fits.
  7. Luckypants replied to vrskeith's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    Thats what I found. I configured one with the big battery and the same features as my Karoq SEL. It came to £44K and that was without the AWD option as its not available in the configurator yet. The ID. 4 at same spec. is pretty much the same price, so what is Skoda's value proposition?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.