Skip to content

Vijay2018

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Vijay2018

  1. Cheers mate. Just tried it and much better, but strangely didn't find this post............... I'll order an oil cooler this morning and hopefully get a chance to fit it next week
  2. Cheers Pete. Are the oil coolers a known issue then? I used the search but it came up with nothing
  3. Found some engine oil in my coolant expansion tank last week and been flushing the system out. There's a slight layer of "mayo" around the inside of the coolant expansion tank which I'll need to clean out. Read online to use dishwasher powder and simple green, so will give that a try. Engine oil looks like oil, no signs of mayo in that. I'm assuming head gasket but a friend mentioned it could be the oil cooler. I just wondered if anyone has ever come across an issue with the oil cooler? Any other suggestions? Cheers Vijay
  4. Just an update. Finally got round to fitting the rear top strut mounts and the knocking noise has gone. The drivers side one was obviously shot, so much movement compared to the passenger side and the new ones. Cheers for everyone's help. Sadly I'll be on the next problem lol
  5. Can highly recommend these guys if you want to swap your turbo out https://precisionturbos.co.uk/
  6. Well got the axle beam bushes done and had to do the rear brake lines at the same time as they'd seen better days. Knocking is still there and I think Paul Thornton was on the right track. The shock top mount of the drivers side has a bit of play, where the passenger side has none. Gonna order a new top mount. No regrets doing the bushes as it feels tighter/more solid on the back
  7. Just wanted to say a massive thanks to Bowders1 for this write up 👍 and for everyone else's comments Things I found on my job: Job had obviously been done before as the bolt was from the inside of the bush outwards. The manual says the bolt should be fed from the outside (nut on the inside). I ended up having to cut the bolt on the drivers side as it would not come out. They had obviously removed the 4 bolts holding the bracket but had stripped a bolt. Manual says the torque setting is 45NM on 33 lb ft + 90 degrees Once drilled, I found a chisel helpful to get through the last bits of rubber I cleaned up the inner edge (where you start pulling the bush through) with a round file to make sure nothing caught on the new bush/plastic I chamfered the plastic edge of the new bush to help it go in straight All in all not a bad job, just long and you feel it on a 54 year old body lol
  8. I'm doing the axle beam bushes anyway as I'd ordered them. Job has already turned into a car off the road for a few days job as when I got the rear drivers wheel off, brake fluid was leaking from the hardline to the calliper. I've ordered replacements for both sides as the passenger side probably isn't that far behind. Got as far as getting the old bush out and cleaned up, ready for the new one to go in tomorrow.
  9. should there be any play in the top shock mount? Mine does seem very loose, where the internal rubber of the top mount is spinning
  10. It could welll be that, it has always sounded like it was higher up in the boot
  11. Would I be able to feel movement in them from the arch by trying to move tt by hand? Bought the lower bushes to do on Wednesday
  12. tried it multiple times over days before I removed the cover and checked the voltage :(
  13. That's a good point. I'm not exactly how it works, cos it's a 2 way solenoid, so flips the 12v and earth to open/close the solenoid. Hoping to get a chance to look at it tomorrow
  14. I'll start with the main bushes then and hope it's nothing to do with the ARB ones lol Just would have been good to do the lot while I'm under there
  15. Ah sorry, my bad. Are the anti roll bar bushes something that can easily be changed?
  16. Got under the car and you guys were right, axle beam on the drivers side seems shot. Gonna order these https://partsfinder.bilsteingroup.com/en/article/febi/31722 and this kit to make the job easier https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/387135503753 With regards to the ARB bushes, where are these located as I could not see them at all. Anyone got a diagram on an estate car? Cheers Vijay
  17. These (which ever ones for mine) https://partsfinder.bilsteingroup.com/en/article/febi/104528?make=%C5%A0koda&model=Octavia+I+Combi+1996+-+2010&vehicle=1.9+TDI+-+81+kW+%2F+110+hp or https://partsfinder.bilsteingroup.com/en/article/febi/181917?make=%C5%A0koda&model=Octavia+I+Combi+1996+-+2010&vehicle=1.9+TDI+-+81+kW+%2F+110+hp
  18. Another issue to sort out (one of many lol). The boot on my estate stopped opening with the central locking. I can open it with the key no problem and that activates the other doors. The solenoid is working with 12v but I am only getting 3v odd at the wiring. Could this be a break in the wire or something more sinister? Cheers Vijay
  19. from what I can find, there is only a bush for the axle beam and another on the ARB
  20. found this great post and write up https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/168542-rear-beam-bushes-need-replacing/ and the write up https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/215352-how-to-changing-mk1-octy-rear-beam-bushes/
  21. what am I looking at, 2 bushes a side? How bad of a job is it?
  22. do you mean there's no access to the subframe/torsion beam bushes?
  23. it could be the rear subframe bushes? I never checked wishbones/trailing arms - here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goHaeN8XbAw
  24. I'll look again cos I didn't see the anti roll bar. Stupid question but is there still one on the 1u5 estate?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.