Everything posted by Roscio
-
Superb 280, improve none existent exhaust note?
I think that a custom exhaust is the only solution, and it will be costly. I had to modify my stock exhaust but i wanted it to be quiet. Now it's silent at low rpm, inside you can hear it only when pushing hard. You have to ask to a exhaust specialist what you want, it's the only way you can get the sound what you're searching for. Here's mine:
-
Decisions decisions...
M340i would have many of the features I look for, specially the engine. I wasted some time setting up an M340i on bmw website and I got up to 85k €. I fold. Totally agree. Modifying a car is a waste of money for the most, but for me it's turning money into pleasure of driving. For sure I don't expect to get any of this costs back. I'm also interested in the halex controller...
-
Decisions decisions...
so you're coming to my conclusion too, albeit for slightly different reasons. I would change for an Alpina B5 and you for an RS4, everything else would be accepting a compromise. I think we should look on the bright side and be happy to have a good car to drive...and we can even improve it
-
2020 Superb exhaust flaps?
I will look forward to your impressions!
-
Decisions decisions...
I think that this Superb is a beautiful car with a great and underestimated engine, that has really nothing to envy to A6 or 5 series or E class. But for a petrolhead like me what it really lacks compared to those beautiful and expensive cars is a 6cyl engine. I'll be honest, if I could afford it I would go for an AMG E class, Alpina B5 or the new 550i. But 100k+ for a car is something I can't spend, and here in Italy I would have to pay about 4.000 €/yr as extra tax just for car's hp. So if I would think about 1) stick with it and maybe improve it or 2) switch to something sportier, personally i would stick with it. Otherwise i'd have to compromise if switching to something else. My best compromise could be low mileage 540i G30, that is not exactly sportier than a Superb. I could get a good sound with the right exhaust. Performance with a stage2 setup would be worst than my stage3 Superb. Stage3 for a 6 cyl BMW would cost too much so it would be out of the list. G20 340i could be a good choice too, but I would miss my roomy Superb. Switching to an other 2.0 tsi would be not a great improvement, of course IMHO. The only advice i'll give to you is that if you can afford a M340i, C43amg or an RS4: go for it!! Of course a Golf8 R would be a great improvement too for a track day, but it depends on what you're searching for.
-
Kodiaq dsg knob swap
Hey @newbie69, I'd just like to point out that the guy who made the video did most of the work with one hand while filming with the other. Seriously, however, I admire your courage to throw yourself into feats like this. If you succeed, the result will be even more rewarding!
-
Remapped
20 hp out of 360 makes very little difference... those 20 hp you would have them only at high revs. The big difference is the 463 Nm of torque, as you have already noticed with the sport mode in third gear and foot down. in any case I suggest you to use petrol with at least 98 octane, if it is not available near you you can always add an additive. you will surely have better performance.
-
How to activate Carplay, AA, sport menu and so on
I'd love to have both the time and the ability to understand what you wrote to activate the sport menu, anyway thanks for sharing!
-
Superb 2.0 TSi - 220 / 280 differnces?
As @KeteCantek said there are differences between 220 and 280 versions. But the real gamechanger is 4x4, Superb is too long and heavy for 220+ hp on FWD, so there is no question: get a 280!
-
Bilstein B6 DCC shock absorbers available at last
right now I could buy a kw dcc kit for € 2,300 (or maybe something less), or a B6 damp + eibach pro kit for around € 1,480. it means about 35% difference. Not bad! This ones should fit:
-
Bilstein B6 DCC shock absorbers available at last
Thank you, this ends up in the mod list right next to the KW DCC. The price certainly plays in favor of Bilstein, for now. Maybe KWs prices will drop before next "modding season"!
-
272 Superb OPF stageIII
I have to admit that when i bought my 272 Superb I didn't have full knowledge of this 2.0 tsi engine. I had two other options: a new Audi A4 (2.0 TSI 185kw 4x4) or a 540i with 6.000 km on the clock. Superb was the cheaper one. And it was my wife’s option n.1 (after this i’m sure you’ll understand i only had the illusion of choice, but I like to think that the choice was mine anyway). I did not have much expectations from this engine, only because i didn’t know it’s potential. After first 1.500 km driven as slow as imposed by the manual, i got 18.4 sec on 100-200, not to bad related to my expectations, but not exactly exciting. So i went to my tuner, (he had already remapped my Octavia II 2.0 tdi 140), asked for a stage1 remap. Another 1.000 km driven and the 100-200 time was 12.5 sec, with an incredible 0-100 in 4,3 sec. Quarter mile in 12,52. So I started looking for information about my DNUA engine, and little by little I understood what I had really bought. I thought I should enjoy the full potential of the engine, and this idea crept into me. I wanted it to look as original as possible, especially in terms of noise, so I had first to find a catted downpipe, and for DNU engine i had to wait till october 2019 when Milltek made a downpipe for the new Audi S3 OPF with hjs 200cell cat. Then i searched for big turbo, i didn’t want to compromise so I chose the TTE535. It took quite a long time to find the right to me big brake kit, in the end the choice fell back on vagbremtechnic kit that includes 6 pistons AP calipers, floating 390mm AP rotors and DS2500 brake pads. For sure oversized for street use, but safety first. Note that this kit fitted perfect with Racingline R360 wheels without spacers. Due to covid-19 lockdown i had to wait till may, and then we started with: Millteck downpipe with HJS 200 cell cat TTE535 turbo Racingline R600, silicone inlet hose and inlet pipe Forge intercooler and silicone hose kit Autotech HPFP upgrade Racingline oil management system Dsg has been remapped but ecu map has to be completed, it’s taking more time than expected. Aside from the performance, for now the only thing i can say is about the noise: exactly what i wanted. Driving in D feels completely stock, so no unwanted attention while driving quietly in the city. But over 3.500 rpm it becomes music. Really, i didn’t know that this 4 cyl engine could sound pretty good. No pops and bangs, no dsg farts, just only the engine with a TTE535 whistle… almost intrusive, but lovely.