Skip to content

DieselMonte

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DieselMonte

  1. If you stripped out your car before making the trek then I would imagine it would also help mpg aswell as the high cetane diesel.
  2. French and Moreso Spanish diesel might be a better blend because they usually have a much nicer climate. Here in Ireland and the UK as we all know the winter is much colder than in Spain for example. So petrol companies need to put additives in diesel when it gets cold to stop it gelling. I have heard of people dumping Vodka or Kerosene in their tanks for a similar result. Just to add, Winter diesel will often give out worse mpg because of the additives that have been put in, this is why I bothered to make my point as it stands to reason that the opposite would be true. A "Spanish" Diesel ( Or Rather the Race diesel being used here)that doesnt need any special additives might give a better burn and thus give more mpgs than our (at present) "Winter Diesel".
  3. Amazing to see how far it's come in 4 years. I noticed your Drls stay on even when the fog lights come on, is that something you have to do on Vag-Com or could it be done by messing with fuses?
  4. I decided that since I have a thread started for my Monte Carlo,Why not have a thread dedicated to the car that got me to appreciate the Fabia platform as a whole. This is my 2001 Skoda Fabia Comfort 1.9 Sdi. I was given this car in February of 2017 as a car to practice how to drive in .It was bought for just €100 and was out of test about 3 months,however it had new tyres and new brake pads/discs but failed on emissions and a broken handbrake. I took it through all the fields on our farm and learned a massive amount of car control in the process. Since it had 64 hp I had to be constantly changing from gear to gear to keep it moving. And since it had no ABS I learned to put my left foot on the brake to stop the front wheels locking up,but that usually meant the rear wheels would lock instead and I would have to go through corners sideways! However by October I managed to crash it in a field,badly.
  5. This is my 2012 Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo, It is a 1.6 TDI 105 ps model with 89k miles. I bought it on the first of February and have imported it into Ireland since,however it has sat for since due to it being a pain to get insurance. Since it didn't need anything I only clayed and polished the paint,hopefully I will be able to get a remap in the coming months to about 140 ps but I have no other plans for the car. I can't justify doing anything right now as everything on the car is in good condition.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.