Skip to content

Sofo

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sofo

  1. Sofo replied to eton@30900's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Boeuf a la mode !! 😉
  2. Ferrite Cores are supplied with Nextbase (at least they were with my 522GW) and this is definitely not the cheaper end of the market re: Dashcams.
  3. Sofo replied to eton@30900's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Nextbase 522GW front and rear camera for me too. Only issue has been the power connector (at the mount) sometimes "backs off" maybe due to long term vibration which makes me think the whole system has gone Tits Up. However, just push the connector back in and it's all Kushti. Definitely worth it in terms of playback quality.
  4. Just expect it. People will muck you about and although you want to be helpful, eventually you will harden up and state things like "Come at 17:00 to view it" etc. (but never alter any personal plans for them). Dealers are the worst particularly when they pretend not to be. Last time I sold a car I was so hacked off with the numpties that I was staying just the right side (and only just the right side) of civil to any prospective buyer. First warning sign off them and it was "You're mucking me about, go away!".
  5. I looked at loads of Dashcams before plumping for Nextbase as 99% of vids uploaded to youtube etc. of dashcam footage were from Nextbase (and the quality impressed me). If I was out of warranty in your situation I'd be looking at Nextbase again. No sense in cutting off your nose to spite your face.
  6. Guys, Any update to this issue? I have this on my 2011 Octavia and the noise is getting more noticeable. I'm worried that: A: If it's electrical then something will short out at the worst possible time and leave me with no ventilation (fogged windows etc.). B: It''s mechanical then something will break at the worst possible time and leave me with no ventilation (fogged windows etc.). I tried the reset method mentioned in this post to no avail. My VCDS reports no issues, both when cold (no noise) and when warmed up (ticking like Billy-o). Only happens at tickover (a quick blip of the throttle removes the noise temporarily till the revs die down).
  7. Aye. Use your Mk 1 eyeballs and keep your eyes on the road.
  8. VCDS AND some sledgehammers !?! Sounds like you have both sides of the spectrum covered.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.