Skip to content

Sofo

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Hi

    Sofo replied to longbloke's topic in Hellos and Goodbyes
    Welcome, You'll find many gruntled Skoda owners here (and a few disgruntled ones). 😉
  2. Sofo started following Help....gulp , Hi , Wiring *rear* dash cam? and 5 others
  3. Most Kits have a trim removal item (usually coloured orange) that you can use to gently pry the edge of the headlining off and tuck the cable under that. I ran the cable from the camera along the top of the rear trim then fed it down the plastic gaiter that hold the electrics for the wiper motor. Then carefully feed it down the "A" pillar. I say carefully because a lot of car have air bags in the "A" pillar and you don't want to disturb or place it in the way of the air bag. If you don't want to chance the "A" pillar then take it as far as the "B" pillar then down the trim (avoiding the seat belt run) along the lower trim beneath the door sill and up behind the side of the glovebox (or side panel) then to the camera itself. And save a hundred quid (plus) ! 😊
  4. Even with the advances in engines these days I think you'll find that if you ever travel fully loaded with passengers and luggage the car will struggle. A car may appear nippy when it's just yourself driving (the default situation for many cars) but if you have the opportunity, try a test drive "fully loaded" to see how suitable a workhorse it may be.
  5. It's a good forum full of knowledgable people..
  6. Is it worth that?
  7. Sofo replied to Hobron's topic in Hellos and Goodbyes
    What a polite person. Then I'll say a big HELLO! back to you.
  8. I really can't remember. I did a search on ebay for GPS antenna and chose one. Never pick the cheapest, never pick the dearest but go in between. Although these days they all originate in China. 🙄 Maybe I got lucky in that I've had no issues since installing it but for a tenner you really can't complain if it had a finite life.
  9. I had a similar issue. Copious amount of WD40 around the antenna did bugger all. A new GPS antennna from eBay (approx £10) did the trick. I just attached it to the top left of the winscreen and ran the cable inside the trim and behind the glovebox to the unit. All sorted ! 🙂
  10. The guys are on the Ross-Tech forum (makers of VCDS) are pretty clued up and would probably have more in depth insights about codes. Might be worth giving them a looksie ( as long as you have a kosher versions of VCDS). 🙂
  11. What a result. You must be chuffed !! 🙂
  12. This is the norm on my own 2011 Octavia too ....... 👍
  13. Sofo changed their profile photo
  14. Hey there !! 🙂 You'll find that once your initial queries are answered you'll stick around for the plethora of info about all things "Skodaish" ..... 👍
  15. I am selling my Armster 2 Arm rest which will fit any Skoda Octavia II 2004-2013. This is the Armster 2 model in Black Leather that comes with a sliding padded extension, detachable pocket (with belt clip) and raises up when not required. It's a doddle to fit with only 4 screws required. Adaptors are available on the Armster website to fit it to other models. Currently available on the Armster website for £109.95 Collection preferred from the West Midlands. Price: £30

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.