Skip to content

Sofo

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sofo

  1. I carry one in the boot luggage cubby hole. As far as bonnet fires go the percieved wisdom is (if ithe fire's not already raging) to flick the bonnet catch then lift it gingerly a few inches (if not too hot) then shove the nozzle in and blast away. Opening it wide just adds a burst of oxygen and a potential flare up. 😳
  2. As most cigarette lighter sockets are well within reach of the driver the easiest solution (as you are not electrically minded) is to unplug them when you leave the car. The simplest solutions are usually the best. 😉
  3. Welcome. I'm sure you'll find a lot of interesting reads on all the sub-forums about all things "Skoda-ey". 😃
  4. I had this issue with my Octavia (a few years older than yours though and so not affected by modern "driver aids"). The cars position was showing half a mile to the left of its actual position. I bought a GPS antenna for about a tenner and installed it top left of the widscreen and no probelms since. As your car is a lot newer I guess you aren't so keen to start the DIY route over something that the dealer should fix though. 🤔
  5. I have the 622GW front and rear and it works fine but be aware that the battery only lasts about a year before needing replacement (or just have it hardwired). The excellent Dashcam Talk website provides lots of info re: the latest choices and reviews. 👍
  6. She was a Bad 'un but it shouldn't reflect on the dealership. Not much compensation for those that suffered at her hands but I thnk this has been covered by other threards on this site.
  7. Only having used VCDS I can attest to the support that the manufactures provide via their excellent website. The help for "noobs" is always there and some of the technical questions posed dive right into the nitty gritty of the ECU's and the diagnostic capabilities of their product. Perhaps OBD11 also offer a similar service in which case it's an even race. 🙂
  8. Quelle Surpríse !! That would involve them getting of their arses and doing some actual police work. Much better to sit in their offices montoring the interweb net for hurty words. 🙄
  9. Bonjour ! We were all new at one time. From joining a motoring forum to popping out our mummy's tummy all slimy and noisy. Hopefully this forum will be a less traumatic experience. 😄
  10. And they call this progress .............. 🙄
  11. 'Ow do (as they say here in the Black Country). I'm of the same opinion as you. Excellent VFM and great build quality (depending on the year). My next wheels will defo be a Skoda. 👍
  12. Blimey. That's a bit "Fancy Pants". 😁 I should imagine the wiring would be challenging to say the least. I was also a bit put off by the disclaimer that states "This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm." As it's US based I'm guessing they poo their pants over the slightest risk though and have to cover their asses from predatory lawyers. I'd be interested in any progress you make on this (being the owner of a MKII myself). 👍
  13. Now there's a smart man ! 🙂
  14. Sofo replied to Martreb's topic in Škoda Elroq
    Maybe they don't but should they? You know what insurer's are like when they try to finagle their way out of paying up .... 😉 Linky Linky Linky
  15. Sofo replied to Martreb's topic in Škoda Elroq
    Bummer. It probably wouldn't hurt the dashcam to be permanently live (although they can generate some heat sometimes) but if you want it to power down then you should check your manual for fuses that are switched (with the ignition off/on). Things like rear wiper, radio, electric windows etc. As yet another aside ( I do like a good aside) you should change the settings to auto-off after a couple of minutes with Park mode enabled. That way the unit would power down (even when permanently live) but you also have the benefit of the Parking "overwatch" function. I have mine set up like this and if I sit in the car with the engine on the dashcam powers down after a couple of minutes but springs back to life when I start driving (must be a motion thing).
  16. Gotta be a no-brainer for this peace of mind and "path of least resistance" alone !! 👍
  17. Sofo replied to Martreb's topic in Škoda Elroq
    Any fuse that is live with the ignition on (check your manual). As an aside I used to use a "piggy back" in the fuse box but read that this counts as a modification to your vehicle so you should inform your insurers. 🙄 Now I just use the cigarette lighter adaption (with all the cables tucked away nice and neat). When the ignition goes off the 12V socket goes dead after a minute or so and then my GW622 powers down.
  18. Common sense is turning into a rare commodity these days ...... 🙄
  19. If you get stuck with the windows down and not responding to the switch you could try holding down the "Lock" section of the fob to close all windows. 😉
  20. That'll be the binding brakes. If you're feeling really brave/foolish touch the disks after a run to confirm they are binding. I did it on mine and have the blister to prove it. 😉 Either way it's definitely a job that needs doing sooner rather than later.
  21. I can imagine the cold chill of fear and disbelief that you experienced in that exact second. 😰
  22. Sounds like a garage we should be avoiding. 😡
  23. Windows open may be that you have inadvertently held the unlock section of the fob in your pocket or it has been pressed against something else (it usually open all windows though, not just one side). This happened to me a few times so I always make sure the keys are not left in pockets at home.
  24. Who would be thick enough to think this would work? Were they planning on distracting the driver's labrador while they kicked his white stick away? 😄
  25. All those computer added doobries (as well as those ridiculous electronic handbrakes) are one of the reasons why I was discounting anything over a 20-plate when I was considering changing my car. Very valid points on the alternative of splashing the cash on the odd tankful of "super" instead of Redex. My thanks for all those views. 🙂 👍 As an aside I use an App on my Ipad (I don't mind computery doobries when they are not installed in a car) called simply PetrolPrices which constantly monitors the price of petrol (and Diesel) within a definable distance from your location. I find it very helpful. They also have a website that does the same job (I am not affiliated in any way).

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.