-
Clarkson's Favourite - Tales of Vectra Ownership
Ahhh, a lesser one! CD changer is in the glovebox on these. We do enjoy a multimedia experience...
-
Clarkson's Favourite - Tales of Vectra Ownership
I ended up selling this due to fuel costs. I've since sold the red Fabia after the timing chain let go, and the silver one I bought to replace it was far too troublesome electrically. With petrol over £1.60 a litre, I deemed it wise to buy a V6 instead. Top of the line 2.6 V6 CDX manual, with all the trimmings. This is absolutely sublime.
-
BBZ 1.4 Fabia Having a Meltdown (Codes P1504 and P1553)
Back on the smoke tester, no leaks. Garage reset the ECU and it's still doing it. Usually after continued light acceleration (after a mile or so) before giving it slightly more. Also getting this code when I tap into the ABS electronics.
-
Recommendations for timing chain kit 1.2 htp 55plate
I bought mine on 52k and got it to 120k (and those were hard miles for it) before the chain went, although it had been rattling beforehand and some idiot (me) ignored it... Edit - Changed oil on it between 8-10k miles normally.
-
Recommendations for timing chain kit 1.2 htp 55plate
Gates or INA would be my recommendations. Used the latter on my old Vectra B and it's somehow still going...
-
A bit of help please
As above, look for the radio code in handbooks, paperwork, etc. - it's four digits. If no luck, there's online services who will decode from the serial number, or you'll have to contact a Skoda dealer. If all else fails, plenty guides online for fitting an aftermarket stereo to these.
-
BBZ 1.4 Fabia Having a Meltdown (Codes P1504 and P1553)
If you pull the cap off it replicates the fault codes/symptoms. However, I fitted a known good one and it didn't make a difference unfortunately.
-
BBZ 1.4 Fabia Having a Meltdown (Codes P1504 and P1553)
Update - I spoke to @Breezy_Pete over WhatsApp the other day, and he'd mentioned the PCV system being at fault. After procuring and fitting a known good one from a parts engine my mate has kicking about - I've still got the same issue. I get the fault codes as before, but also it feels almost like it's hunting at idle, and on light throttle it genuinely feels almost like it's misfiring. Throttle body has been swapped for the parts one too. There's no air leaks from the pipework now either as it's all new. Everything I seem to think would be wrong with it, just isn't or has been replaced already.
-
BBZ 1.4 Fabia Having a Meltdown (Codes P1504 and P1553)
Coming back to this as I've toyed with a few things we thought would fix it. So far, we've replaced the oil filler neck and the cap itself - if you have a leak here it will prompt the same codes (P1504 and P1553) as I have been having. However, this was not what was causing mine after replacing it with a known good neck/cap from a spares car. Chucked a smoke generator on the vacuum system and identified that the intake manifold has been leaking where it meets the engine itself. I haven't fitted the new (used, known good) one yet as not had the time but I'm hopeful this will fix it. If anyone else is doing the same, make sure you replace the gasket too. I'll report back with my findings as soon as I have them.
-
OEM electric windows + mirrors retrofit on a 2001 Fabia Mk1 Classic – wiring / Comfort module questions
Not quite the same thing, but my mate (who isn't on here I don't think) and I retrofitted rear electric windows from a donor Elegance to my old 2006 Mk1, although being a later one there were some CAN/LIN incompatibilities. I think the main thing I'd advise is making sure you have a Comfort Control Module that is capable of running these things, as I know there's a certain spec of these that have a stripped down system that cannot be adapted. @Tech1e might know more than I do about this actually.
-
Check your sills! Paint advice
Yeah it was just to seal it more than anything else. It seems to have done alright, I do it every 2 years or so in various places. It's still very solid though - and ready for me to get it sold now. The red one has been in Scotland since new, and that's not a good climate.
-
-
Check your sills! Paint advice
My red one was doing this, perhaps not quite as badly but in winter I try to pressure wash in the arches fairly often. I sanded it back with a dremel, applied copious amounts of rust converter, primer, then rattle canned it with alleged Flamenco Red (which most of the car still is). Was a place in Co. Tyrone (I think) that sold me the paints and they're a bloody good match.
- Airbag light after glovebox removal. VCDS in Ayrshire/Glasgow/Stirling to clear it?
- Airbag light after glovebox removal. VCDS in Ayrshire/Glasgow/Stirling to clear it?
-
AnnoyingPentium's 2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente-ish
Just to conclude. I finally got this thing largely finished, enjoyed it for roughly a week and then it stalled at a roundabout, and when eventually started it sounded like a bag of spanners. Timing has jumped. It will run but it pains me doing so. My best mate has expressed an interest in the rescue of the thing, so rebuild could be on the cards hopefully. New thread for new car is here: