Skip to content

BillyParker

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BillyParker

  1. Yes, there's no problem with sound using the car's satnav, just that Waze is a better app IMHO. I'll try the volume, but then what happens when the announcment is finished, will the radio caome roaring back and deafen me.
  2. Only problem I had yesterday was on the way back in a roadworks 50mp 2 lane stretch. I was behind a car in the outside lane, and ACC kept me there at 39mph. Problem arose when he decided to pull over to inside lane. Thinking the road was clear the ACC immediately accelated to get back to original 70mph. I had to brake quickly to slow it back to 50. I can live with that though.
  3. When I use android auto with Google maps or Waze I do not get any audio directions, although I used to get them. I have maps set to 'play through Bluetooth' and waze set to 'play through car speakers', but nothing. What I do notice is that the radio mutes during the times I would be expecting directions, so i think it means it is trying to give directions audio. If I use the apps on thier own (Not android auto) I get sound from the phone. Any one else had this problem and if so have you got it sorted. TIA.
  4. Drove from Somerset to N London yesterday. Switched on ACC joining M5 J23 in Somerset and switched it off when leaving M25 J24 Potters Bar, at lights at top of exit slip road. Brilliant piece of kit in my opinion.
  5. I recently changed from EFB to AGM, got this one. https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/enduroline/096-agm/ . Works a treat and cheaper. You will need to code it to let the car know type of bty has changed. This can be done with OBDeleven.
  6. If you have problems it can scan it for you and point out where the problem lies. And probably able to tell you how to fix it. The cost of a scan at the dealers is probably more than the OBDeleven. I bought the OBDeleven PRO @ £107 and you get 100 credits with it. I've only used it for some of the apps which cost credits and for coding the battery (which doesnt cost credits) I've not had any problems with the car so never had to use it for that side of things. But it's nice to have if needed.
  7. Hi Tony, I coded it myself using OBDeleven. It also has apps to change various features easily such as cancelling stop start, comfort flashes etc. It costs just over £100 so really up to you if you feel it is worth it.
  8. I changed the battery in mine last month. Got an AGM from Tayna £121 incl postage. Ordered 3pm and arrived next morning. if it is the oem battery in the car it is probable an EFB, @ 68kw. The batteries you buy now will be 70kw, and will have to be coded, especially if you change to AGM which I would recommend. The battery can be coded using OBDeleven. Hope this helps/
  9. I;ve watched that video and another similar and have succesfully got rid of the message and it's reset to a year from now. Thanks everyone.
  10. No idea what oil was used. The service was done by the dealer I purchased the car from. They also did the MOT for me in June @ 26237 miles so it had only done 67 miles between service and MOT. I have done the rest. So as stated, not soingh it now but sill do at MOT date in June. Just wasnt to stop the message appearing.
  11. This week started getting message that service is due on 10 Jan 2023. Last service was in Jan 2022, so year is up. However last service, mileage was 26170, and mileage now is 28095, so only done 1825 miles. I don't intend to get it done then, but wait until MOT due in June. So, can anyone tell me how to get rid of the service message. I have an OBDeleven, but can't see a way to do it with that. TIA.
  12. I was wondering if the connection to OBD11 was causing it. It reads 12.4 on my multimeter, when OBD11 not connected. Anyway I have now put it on charge on my Ctek charger, and see what happens when I check it later.
  13. Fitted new battery this morning and none of my settings were lost. Coded in no problem, OBD11 found 5 faults after fitting but all cleared ok. However it was also reporting that battery was reading 14.3 when engine running but dropping to 11.4 when engine not running. Thought that may have been cause battery charging system was adjusting to new battery, so went up the motorway on 25 round trip run. Same problem when finished and checked again. Any ideas? When I spoke to them regarding size of battery they said because it was friday afternoon, I probably wouldln't get it til Monday, so well pleased. A friend has a tool you plug into the diangnostic port and connect to another battery. This is supposed to save all your settings. I don't have the sliding roof or sunscreen, so if I lose the settings its not a difficult job to reset them. I was more concerned about losing changes I'd made with my OBDeleven.
  14. When I spoke to them regarding size of battery they said because it was friday afternoon, I probably wouldln't get it til Monday, so well pleased. A friend has a tool you plug into the diangnostic port and connect to another battery. This is supposed to save all your settings. I don't have the sliding roof or sunscreen, so if I lose the settings its not a difficult job to reset them. I was more concerned about losing changes I'd made with my OBDeleven.
  15. Got to give a shout for Tayna Batteries. Ordered new battery late afternoon yesterday (Fri), and received it at 09:20am today.
  16. On the factory specs it states built 24 05 2017, so technically it will be 6 years old, but only 5 years use. Fact remains it needs a new battery. It does not do many long runs. I'm retired and the wife uses it once a week for a 3 mile round trip shopping, and I may use it twice for about the same distance, so the battery is getting a hammering, not getting long enough runs to keep it charged.
  17. Maths was never my strong point at school and looks like it still isn't. Should read 5 years old.
  18. NTA, mine will be 6 years old in March so looks like thats the life span for OEM fitting.
  19. Hi Varoom, I didn't know about the heat shield, I thought it was just a cover. Thanks for lettingme know. New battery is 3mm longer so should be ok (I hope).
  20. Hi NTA16, I have a Ctek charger designed for AGM, but thanks for suggestion.
  21. Ordered the Enduro. Yes, all the recommendations were for 096. Original battery didn;t have anything like that on it.
  22. Just spoke toTayna customer service and they have assured me it will fit, so going ahead and ordering. I'm changing from EFB to AGM. I have an OBD11 and can adapt the battery to the car. The Enduro is on offer reduced from 129.95 to 113.34, so thinking of that, as another poster on here said he had good service from it. The OEM battery is a Banner EFB so comnsidering their AGM at 129.93. . Decisions, decisions. Happy days,
  23. My battery has given up and getting a new one from Tayna. However my battery is 275mm wide/long?. and the ones Tayna are quoting are all 278mm. Is there space to fit a longer battery, it's only 3mm difference. I'd like to know before ordering. TIA
  24. Just compl;eted my first drive over a decent distance 860 miles, Somerset to Stirling and back over the weekend. Car took it in its stride no problems at all. Used the ACC extensiveley for the first time. Didn't like it when I first got the car but persevered and now wouldn't want to do without it. Weather was atrocious with heavyweight rain and gallons of spray. Goty a bit hairy at times and down to under 30mph on the motorway because of it. Because of the varying speeds i' don;t know what the mpg whould be but it reckon I was getting 45 to the gallon - 2ltr petrolf. Well pleased.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.