Skip to content

BillyParker

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BillyParker

  1. Noticed this on my lights this morning. There was a lot of rain overnight. It is far more visisble than other photos on this thread. Should I be concerned?
  2. Just fitted LED reversing lights. Bought on Ebay from Aux-UK £13.04. Makes a huge difference. I followed instructions in user manual to change them. Bit of a hassle taking the connector out, which I did with the first one. Looked at it again and decided there was no need. You can remove the bulb in situ.
  3. Hi, when I bought my Superb from a dealer I got 12 months warranty and recovery. I had 3 months left on my existing Green Flag policy ending 1st week October so let it run. My question is should I renew it, or is the Skoda cover as good or better? I cannot find any bad posts about it, but have found posts complaining the warranty is no good, so concerned the cover may not be as good as Green Flag.
  4. The torch in my boot comes on when in situ but not when removed. Upon opening it up I find in the top part of the casing there is a metal strip left of centre. There is a space alongside it which looks like it should have a strip there also. Probably to connect the batteries in series or parallel or something like that. Should there be two of these strips. Looks like there should be
  5. Update on my seats. Dealer applied software fix update under warranty and now working fine.
  6. Cue X-Files theme tune, something strange going on here.
  7. Didn't work. Credit card picks up address from postcode and that doesn't show the area in town
  8. I had thought of that, but that seems to be so picky. Most addresses are 1 Anystreet, Anytown, Anycounty, postcode. I'll logon to my CC and add my local area to see if it makes a difference. Never found it this hard to give someone money. 😲
  9. For my credit card which I imagine they are checking against, Street 1 has number and street name. No entry for street 2. Which i would say is normal for address. Only line 1, number and street name then onto town/city etc
  10. Been on the site and registered but cannot get it to accept my credit card. I keep getting the message (The combination of street 1 and street 2must not contain only numbers. Some of the functionalities youwould like to acquire can either not be used or cannot be used with the browser currently in use). I'm using Firefox which the site says is ok. Anyone any ideas.?
  11. Just had my car in to dealer for this problem. They decided it needed a new component under the seat, but had to order it in. Phoned me yesterday to say Skoda had a software fix for this and they wanted to try this first. Booked in for it in 2 weeks. I'll report back on here when it's done.
  12. Well, took the plunge and ordered OBDeleven Pro Pack. It was on special offer £102 27 including shipping. No urgent need of it as yet but i'm sure it will get used sometime.
  13. Hi James, welcome to the forum. I'm also a newbie, only had my Superb for a month. Well pleased with it although one niggle, memory seat not working. Been in and checked they thought at first it was probably a fuse, but not that. Going in on 1 Aug for further checks. All under warranty.
  14. Most of the protectors I see online state they are for the combi (Estate??) and one on Amazon states for Liftback. Will they fit the hatchback model?
  15. Get a C-Tek MXS 5 charger. It charges and conditions your battery. You can get them from Tanya Batteries for about £63. Plug it in once every couple of months. At todays fuel prices, it would save you money and keep your battery in good order.
  16. The last 2 numbers denote the thickness of the battery, and probably the thicker it is, the longer lasting or more powerfull. As you have KESSY you probably need more power than mine. I tried a 3032 but it was too thick to get in mine.
  17. I used Energizer 2025, Theoretically you can use 2032, but they were too thick for my fobs. We'll see how long they last.
  18. Well, I've replaced all three now, 2 minute job, and under £2 for 4. No warnings now, so wait and see how long they last.
  19. No idea, just what the technician said. Got to take him at his word, I don't know enough about these things. - I'm too old to start learning.
  20. I am thinking of buying one of these. Any one in Somerset who could give me a run through and demonstrations of its capabilites. (I'll come to them, wouldn't expect anyone to drive to me) TIA
  21. Got my car 2 weeks ago and drivers seat memory not working. Obviously still under warranty and was booked in for fixing. Said it would be an hours job, so decided to wait while it was done. Technician came out to me after 45 mins and said sorry, scan threw up 3 faults in drivers seat and will have to book it in for whole day. Apparently the seat AND the dashboard have to come out to get to these faults. Earliest date is 01 Aug.
  22. Anybody with a windows PC should be able to format the card for you. Perhaps instead of using a 128GB card, use 2 x 64GB cards. You do not need to keep the navigation card in the slot, so you can use both slots, I am using a SanDisk Ultra formatted as exfat. I just transferred all tracks to the card and don't have any folders on it.
  23. My Bad! As I said is Skoda confusing me again? It is, I've only had it for 5 days, and had to go and check. I do have the executive. But... I would have a trim called technology would be more likely to have xenon. I stand corrected .🤪
  24. OP Says he has a 2018 SE Technology. I have a 2018 SE L Technology, which has xenon lights. I would have thought all Technology would have xenon, or is Skoda confusing me again,
  25. Well, went out to car this morning with SD card containing satnav upgrade. inserted in slot and after a bit it started updating. I'm sure I read somewhere that the engine doesn't need to be running to upgrade but to be on the safe side i went for a drive. 20miles up the motorway it had upgraded by 52% so I turned round at the next intersection and drove home. As I got into the driveway it read 99%. Sat there till it finished (less than a minute) and then checked it AOK. I didn't extract the Radio stations logo, not going to bother.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.