Skip to content

defsix

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by defsix

  1. You're making me nervous now. My differential pressure is 32hPa recently after a regen. Mine does seem to regen more than my previous car, A4 2009 2.0 Diesel (no adblue, that used to do it every 2nd tank of fuel. Now it feels like twice or three times a tank in the Superb(adblue). Is this normal ?
  2. What kind of money for the wrap ? Just out of curiosity 😉 Oooooo.. I need more info on this 😁
  3. I used the Action Can SP 90, it has no smell or a neutral smell. Its the same as the WD40 version that Graham used above I think. I know Wurth make one too but it has a strong after smell.
  4. Top and centre ones. I have done all of the previously. Also this silicone spray is very good for lubricant the electric windows at the edges on the seals. If you notice a difference in speed between the 4 windows then lubricating the points of friction makes a massive difference. This is also the same stuff used to lubricate rubber brushings in the suspension! Is there anything this stuff won't do 😂
  5. I had to give mine another spray too the other day, followed by the Air Vent re-calibration procedure, just to get the vents moving through all their positions. I spoke to a colleague about this, they also noted that the actuator can be external to the vent so spraying a lubricant might not always work. My theory is it's the shaft that gets dry and the Louvre rubbing off the vent piping. So spraying covers both, and also weaps along the shaft, eventually spreading through the mechanism. Anyway results speak for themselves, my vents are 99% quieter in their movements now and no error codes; temp limit of actuator reached etc.
  6. I've attempted several times to get my FL to coast in Normal D mode, no luck. I'm thinking it might only be the models without Drive select that so this?
  7. I'm going to have to try to activate this eco / coasting in Normal Drive 😂
  8. Yup, it's was the demister one for me too. I think because it's the louvre that gets exposed to the most heat from the sun, drying out the factory lubricant.
  9. Was this done with fuse box behind the glove box? I looked at mine yesterday but the ½ position contact is missing. The hole is there but no contact behind. If I'm stuck I could piggy back another point
  10. The Action Can, SP 90. It's a very useful product, seals, bushing, windows etc
  11. Looking into this again, does anyone know if by changing the position of the fuse that it can be changed to a switch supply? On some of the VAG platforms this can be done.
  12. It's installed under the switch, like an extra to the existing loom. It's not very intuitive, you have to tuck it towards the back so the plug is already in position to receive the switch/socket. Otherwise it bunches up. Get the swit4as close as possible before plugging it in.
  13. No, it's a fairly neutral smell. I did it with the windows open to stop the vapor lingering and sticking to unwanted surfaces.
  14. Following onnfrom yesterdays mission... I also had a stuck flap in the HVAC system, it would show a fault in VCDS and make an awful creaking sound when the car would start or when I adjustment the air flow. I turned everything off and sprayed a generous about of SP90 silicone spray down every vent in the car, let it settle, then in turn activated each blower position. I can no confirm, fault.has cleared and no more squeaky vents! I also received my Start/Stop disable cable , fitted this. A bit fiddly to tuck the excess cable away, but done now. Works as expected! AliExpress Start/Stop Disable Cable
  15. Well after nearly 4 months of ownership, O finally found the source of one of the most annoying rattles. It sound a little plastic bag of nuts and bolts sliding along under the carpet behind the drivers seat. I have pulled bench seat, the bolster, the boot carpet ( estate ) rear driver footwell, lower trim the runs from the front to the back. After all my efforts, it was a broken biro on the rear floor air vents ! Even after checking them with an endoscope, I still missed it.tje first time. After 2½ hours over the past 2 days , I eventually removed it. Using my endoscope with a hook, long clear tube connected to my vacuum cleaner! What an ordeal.
  16. Hi, just a quick question, the C Shape clamps that hold the anti roll bar, are they available as spare parts in there own?
  17. I noticed sometimes the Coasting won't activate when in ECO, when the car is doing a DPF regen. I'm still debating about enabling it via VCDS in Normal D mode.
  18. Wow! I appreciate the advice from everyone! I never thought of the metal reaction. Lesson learned before it's too late 🤯
  19. So I got a bit carried away... Air Valve Caps Fill Cap / Funnel Start Stop Bypass Cable Luggage LED's Cigarette Lighter Upgrade
  20. I this scenario I believe they will draw the same current, but will out more light, plus driving the cooling fan. OP should be safe enough
  21. Same Cylinder I assume. Did you check the wiring loom ?
  22. Whilst I agree with the statement above, is "Gandalf" not originally fitted with D3S HID Lamps ? If it has a Ballast / Driver then it is either LED or HID. I'm assuming this is an upgrade from HID to LED, without bypassing the driver. LED generaly runs at 150% to 200% brighter per watt compared to HID.
  23. My new to me 2020 Model L&K 190BHP DSG

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.