Everything posted by scotthugh3s
-
Android auto not working
Factory reset on your infotainment would be my first step
-
Configuration function missing
I have the older Mk4 Octavia, so unfortunately I can't help you. But I wanted to add that disappearing functions from the infotainment menu is a problem which is suffered in the Mk4 too. Skoda really need to invest in some decent software techs
-
Bluetooth MP3 compatibity
There's coding available so that you can code your infotainment to recognise 2 phones at the same time, perhaps that would help with this issue too?
-
Dealer Or No Dealer?
A bit of a journey, although not too far (I travelled further to see him) But I'd highly recommend giving @East_Yorkshire_Retrofits a shout. He can do everything we've talked about here, and much more.
-
Dealer Or No Dealer?
@Tried5UserNames Where abouts are you based mate?
-
Dealer Or No Dealer?
Look for an independent who specialises in VAG motors, there are some out there who can service your vehicle and update the service log just as the dealership would
-
New software available version 1989
I don't have that particular issue with things disappearing from the infotainment, but I did have one myself... It was the ability to switch Laura's voice from male to an actual female lol The setting appears very briefly in the relevant screen, but then quickly disappears for some reason. Took me a while to be quick enough to hit it before it went, but I did manage to change it I'm sure other options went too, although I'm unsure of which ones. Gotta love the bugs on these Skoda's....
- Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI
- Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI
- Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI
- Skoda Kamiq 2021 MIB3 update request (Hardware 040 / SW 1310)יין
- Rear parking sensor fault on 2021 mk4 octavia - anyone replaced a sensor before?
-
1.0 etec lack of power under acceleration and rattle
You don't have ECO mode selected by any chance do you?
-
1.0 etec lack of power under acceleration and rattle
No warning light/s?
-
New software available version 1989
As far as I'm aware, the Skoda connect data is connected to you, and not the vehicle. If you weren't to reset your infotainment before you sold it, and the buyer didn't either when they bought it, then they'd probably benefit from it.
-
Route Data
If you subscribe to the traffication app, you receive alerts to both fixed and mobile speed cameras. Well I do in the UK anyway
-
Should I Choose an Octavia?
I have a 2020 Mk4 Octavia 1.5 TSI manual and I love it. Bought 2nd hand when slightly under 4 years old, it hasn't been all plain sailing but I have experienced significantly less problems than what some have going by posts made on here. Not sure the first owner was as lucky, by viewing my digital certificate you can see that the head unit on the infotainment system was replaced as was the telematics module before I got it. My issues were slight software glitches initially, followed by a potentially more problematic software issue relating to the airbag module after flattening my battery. But all sorted thanks to some great advice on here and elsewhere, followed by a trip to see @East_Yorkshire_Retrofits The car is a fantastic drive, very comfortable and returns great MPG figures too. Of course, having that enormous boot is an added bonus as mentioned. I have made adaptions to the car using OBD11 in order to make the experience of driving it even less of a hassle. Nothing major, just simple things such as disabling lane assist, adding standard CC, and disabling certain alarms such as driver's door open when the ignition's on etc. I also enabled fog lights to come on with my high beam as I live in a very dark area, just little things as I say that make my experience of the Octavia more pleasurable. That said, I'm aware that on the newer model (the 4.5) such customisations aren't available, which is what puts me off it. I recently had a brand new (26 plate) Octavia for a day and whilst it was very similar to mine obviously, things such as lane assist by default, speed warnings by default etc I think would bug me if I was to own one. For that reason my advice would be to look for a good 2nd hand Mk4 (up to 2024) See if you can take a look at the vehicle's digital certificate before purchasing, as that should show any major work done to the car in its lifetime. From there I would insist on making sure all of the software was up to date, if you can't have that done by a dealer then seek out a specialist such as @East_Yorkshire_Retrofits who I mentioned earlier, and they'll be able to help out with that. Then of course use OBD11 to make the slight changes so that you don't need to turn off lane assist every time you get into the car etc. Might sound like a lot of bother, especially if you have no experience of such things. But trust me, I didn't, yet with a little research on here as well as other VAG forums I was able to figure things out to the point I needed to. Unless of course the niggly things don't bother you, then of course the Mk 4.5 is probably the safe option as it would seem a lot of the previous software issues have been ironed out during that upgrade. Good luck whatever you decide, but yes, in answer to your original question, I would recommend the Octavia, and think that because you like the Scala you will love it.
-
Lights vag-com
Only coding I've seen regarding DRL's is to add rear (Scandinavian) or enable the menu option to switch them on/off in the menu. The only coding I've seen available for parking lights is to enable them on both sides. And I've looked at quite a bot of coding / adaptions surrounding lights, so my guess would be no, it is not possible. Happy to be proved wrong of course
-
3rd brake light replacement ?
Using the search function built into these forums, I was easily able to find this post...
-
Heating/aircon
You can use blowers without having aircon switched on, however, you may find your car mists up. At least that's what happens to mine when I switch A/C off
- dsg clucking noise from p to n
- dsg clucking noise from p to n
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
@Tznofl I can vouch for Kieran (East Yorkshire Retrofits) who ran the full update package on my 2020 Octavia 4 as it's performed flawlessly since. Will save you a lot of time, hassle and money versus going to a dealership
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
Not sure but off the top of my head I'd say that's too big of a jump, I couldn't be sure though. Just be aware that if you try it and it doesn't work out you could brick your system. I've heard of people going from 18xx to 1985, I did so myself, but only based on sound advice. There are a few experty types browse these forums, hopefully one will see your post and be able to advise you better than what I can The other thing to be aware of is that updating your infotainment system won't necessarily get rid of any bugs you may be experiencing, these cars have a lot of modules and each of them need updating from time to time. Could be worth getting in touch with @East_Yorkshire_Retrofits who offers a comprehensive software update package, depending on where you're based
-
Random locking / Unlocking
I have the CTEK charger too, ran a recond programme on my battery a couple of times and a few good, long runs later and it's (almost) as good as new. I don't leave mine on a trickle or anything but if I'm ever plugging in an OBD device then I hook it up. Best money I ever spent