Skip to content

scotthugh3s

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by scotthugh3s

  1. The links in this thread are for Columbus software I believe, not sure if Bolero updates have been posted, or even if they carry the same 4 digit reference as the Columbus updates (such as 1941)
  2. Has your vehicle recently been serviced? It wasn't a Skoda, but I once had a car beck in to the dealer for an issue which was present when I'd bought it. When I collected it, apparently fixed, I noticed a metallic rattling coming from under the bonnet. I pulled over and checked, to find they'd left a spanner under my hood! It was Snap-On branded though so I didn't make too much of a fuss, just kept it ๐Ÿ˜‚
  3. I get the changing user settings message every time I start up, always have
  4. Have you checked the setting for automatic colour select or something like that? You might need to turn it off
  5. The only time I've had a similar email was after I'd done a factory reset through the infotainment settings, which I did after performing an update. Could be Skoda are messing about with something, who knows? Seems odd that it's happened to two of you around the same time...
  6. Have either of you recently been prompted to install an OTA update?
  7. Is it a full sized wheel though? Or space saver which most spares are these days...
  8. I've got a space saver spare wheel, which, along with the polystyrene tray which holds the jack and wheel brace, only just fits perfectly underneath the boot floor. Not sure a full sized wheel would fit tbh, as I did consider doing this myself originally
  9. Have you tried doing a factory reset in the infotainment settings?
  10. I was like the other user, would leave the usb plugged in for days but no change... ๐Ÿ˜•
  11. If it's still like that tomorrow, you could try disconnecting the negative terminal on your 12V battery and leave it for 10 mins or so before reconnecting. if it's a bug that may well clear it. But it could be it's fine tomorrow, the bugs on these things are totally unpredictable. I had a similar issue to that once, but it didn't last for a long, just a lot longer than it normally would (the loading settings screen) Had another one once where my car's time and date changed to 2047 or something ๐Ÿ˜† I can laugh now, wasn't laughing at the time though... ๐Ÿ˜’
  12. To be fair I have infotainment online too, that must be where I get the map updates from, I thought it was traffication
  13. I managed to update my infotainment software via usb but the one thing I could never manage was to get the map updates to succeed, no idea why, I tried the process just as it was suggested. Caved and paid for the traffication app which means I get map updates OTA
  14. Sorry, I did download it from a thread on here a while back but I can't remember which thread. Might be worth trawling through any of the threads that mention updates with version numbers in their titles to try and find it though
  15. I have 0144 on a 2020/21 Octavia and no, I can't do either off those things within the app
  16. I updated my infotainment software straight from 1896 to 1985, not sure if you can go straight to 1989 but as going to 1985 wasn't an issue my guess would be it'd be fine. Tutorial and link for 1989 is on the main page of this (mk4) forum
  17. From 1896 you can go straight to 1989 I believe, I went from 1896 to 1985 in one step anyway, when that was the latest software release. Tutorial and link for 1989 will be present on the main page of this (mk4) forum
  18. @audiexp Did you manage to go straight from 1803 to 1989? Great news if so, will possibly help others to know that's possible if they're in your situation...
  19. It's a common misconception that an infotainment update fixes all of the problems with your car when in fact it only updates the infotainment. Not entirely sure how many control modules there are in total, but each runs its own software. I used to believe updating the infotainment was a cure all going off what I'd read on this forum but it's not. For example I recently had an airbag issue and needed to update the airbag module software to clear it. If your air con issue was down to a software problem then you'd possibly need to look at the air con's control module, not the infotainment's.
  20. @audiexp You have Columbus infotainment, and your software is quite a bit out of date. 1989 is the latest version, but there were quite a few others between that and 1803. Not entirely sure you can update straight from one to the other, my own car was running 1896 when I first got it and I was able to update straight to 1985 with that, which I did thanks to some really helpful guides posted here in this forum. So going off my own experience only, I would suggest to try a search for 1896, I'm pretty sure a link to download it has been posted here at some point, and I'd imagine you could go from 1803 to that in one step, although I don't know for sure if I'm being honest! But if you do manage to get to 1896, thej I know for a fact that you can go straight from that to 1985, again, a link to download that has been posted here on numerous occasions. I actually stayed on 1985 as 1989 was causing issues for those who updated to it initially. If all of this (and everything else you find via searching this forum) seems a little bit overwhelming, then I would recommend getting in touch with @East_Yorkshire_Retrofits who can help you out with not only infotainment updates, but any other outstanding updates your car has fell behind on. Good luck!
  21. Are you both sure you're using the correct SW update for your infotainment version? Most of the SW updates posted here are for Columbus, it appears you have Bolero....
  22. I tried to suggest earlier, either here or on another thread, that the software posted in this forum is not for @shadyk2 system
  23. Don't think I've ever come across any updates for your system on these boards during my time here...
  24. Funny you should mention that, I've noticed how the menu's have changed since I first got my car, mine's a 2020 build too. It was a real struggle changing Laura's voice from male to female as the option to do so only appears very briefly in the sub menu when you access it. I had to scroll to the bottom quite literally the instant I opened said menu and it took me ages to be quick enough to tap the option with my finger once I had before it disappeared. ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜‚

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.