-
Error: selector lever...
Mine is 2,0 150hp/110kw. I have Michelin Crossclimate 3 tyres which may increase the consumption. This summer I drove 12,000 km @ 4,3l/100km. A good third was in the Alps, A/C on. In any case – and this was confirmed this summer during the heatwaves – ever since I had the 37VQ recall carried out, I no longer hear the DSG clunking when it’s very hot.
-
Error: selector lever...
This summer I managed to get two full tanks at an actual 4.04 litres per 100, whilst driving at 110 km/h and anticipating traffic slowdowns as much as possible, etc...
-
Requesting some help for updating from v1664
Hello, The 03A7 recall campaign relates to the changeover in 1989. Why not try this free recall at the dealership? Also, if you visit this page, you may see other outstanding recalls at the bottom. https://www.octavia-rs.eu/rueckrufaktionen-feldmassnahmen/
-
BeaverRS started following Feedback after 2 years and 60,000 km (~37,000 miles) , Requesting some help for updating from v1664 , Broken sunroof mechanism and 1 other
-
Broken sunroof mechanism
Seems common in the VAG group, possibly easy to fix?
-
Broken sunroof mechanism
Hello, When I opened my sunroof, the mechanism on the driver’s side broke. Has this ever happened to you? I don’t understand what happened. Do you think this is covered by the warranty? The car is five and a half years old and has done 126,000 kilometres. The break occurred at the end of the metal spring shaft in the mechanism. Best regards,
-
Update to Version 1969
Yes, that's what I did.
-
Feedback after 2 years and 60,000 km (~37,000 miles)
I’ll ask them when I drop the car off. In any case, I want to keep this car running for as long as possible. It’s reliable and economical – I won’t find another one like it for quite some time.
-
Recall action / Service campaign, '37VQ' on a DQ381 DSG. Who has had or been told about this, or had it done?
France, and I have a diesel engine (TDI 150Hp). No PHEV.
-
Recall action / Service campaign, '37VQ' on a DQ381 DSG. Who has had or been told about this, or had it done?
Nope, i'm not in Australia, but in western Europe.
-
Feedback after 2 years and 60,000 km (~37,000 miles)
Mine is a TDI with DQ 381. The automatic gearbox fluid will be changed in the next few days, as it has reached 120,000 km. Isn’t it every 60,000 kilometres (37,300 mi) for PHEVs with the DQ400e?
-
Feedback after 2 years and 60,000 km (~37,000 miles)
iV is PHEV I think. In fact, the photo shows a hatch on the front left-hand side of the vehicle.
-
Recall action / Service campaign, '37VQ' on a DQ381 DSG. Who has had or been told about this, or had it done?
I’d asked for this reminder to be sent out during the last review. It was planned anyway, but they were surprised that I knew a recall was underway.
-
Feedback after 2 years and 60,000 km (~37,000 miles)
List of different recalls : https://www.octavia-rs.eu/rueckrufaktionen-feldmassnahmen/ 37VQ: Software update for the gear selector control unit: In ŠKODA Octavia vehicles produced during a specific period, there is a risk that the ‘P’ (Park) position of the automatic gearbox may not be active due to a faulty magnetic contact. (12 May 2025) Actually, it seems this recall doesn’t even relate to the problem I’d encountered with the P doing a loud noise after driving in temperatures above 35 degrees. But it sorted it out anyway.
-
Feedback after 2 years and 60,000 km (~37,000 miles)
Hello, Here are a few thoughts after 60,000 kilometres, for anyone thinking of buying an Octavia 4. I bought a second-hand car (Octavia 4 estate, TDI 150 hp (110 kW), DSG). It had almost all the features I was looking for. The car had clocked up almost 60,000 kilometres over four years when I bought it. It’s safe and economical to drive (3.7 l/100 at 110 km/h on the motorway and in low/medium mountain terrain, 4.2 at 120). I like the car for its practical features and its comfort. In short, the best car I’ve ever owned. I drive between 20,000 and 30,000 km a year. I did, however, experience a few niggles: - the infotainment system was completely buggy in 1810, until I applied the updates found on this forum; - airbag and oil sensors (fault codes cleared at the dealership); - DSG gearbox making a cracking noise when shifting to P in very hot weather (resolved with recall 37VQ); - battery died after 6 months (it was 4 years old); - A ‘POP’ sound near the wing mirror pillar, causing an error that resolves itself on the next start-up; - A dried-up water droplet just in front of the front-facing camera. The dried residue sometimes triggers an error when the sun shines on it, blocking the adaptive cruise control: an error that resolves itself on the next start-up; - the boot does not open automatically when activated with the key (a problem that is apparently well-known here). The front tyres (Michelin CC2) were replaced at 60,000 km; I plan to replace the rear ones at around 110–120,000 km. So, despite these minor issues, it’s a reliable model, and economical on fuel and tyres.
-
Error: selector lever...
Nothing’s happened these past few days, despite the heatwave. The 37VQ campaign was a blessing.
BeaverRS
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited