-
SOS error call workshop
Thanks Routemaster, Honestly that just strengthens my feeling to get shot of the car. I don't have time to be mucking about taking it to the dealer and back all the time. Anyway the dealer here is useless.
-
SOS error call workshop
Update, Despite not being able to find the right socket (looks like 10mm, I've got every one except that it seems) or spanner, I managed to disconnect the battery, and left it off for a bit. Result: The screen itself is magically back on, which is the important bit. And the SOS error has also gone, at least for now. There was loads of errors and warnings, they were cleared by steering lock to lock, opening and closing all the windows, and driving round the block. I expect it won't have resolved it permanently, but at least we can use the car in the meantime & if it happens again I'll disconnect the battery again.
-
SOS error call workshop
OK, Having "resolved" the last error on our Octavia 22 SE Tech, now it's the turn of this error for us. Honestly, I'm thinking of getting rid of the car and moving to another brand, this new one seems way worse than my old Fabia. Anyone I've got the emergency call disabled problem, together with a warning light to do with the parking sensor, in addition the screen is permanently "off" so no SatNav, or music, and can't properly control the things that are controlled via the screen (turn up or down the air con for instance). With the emergency call, one suggestion is a hard reset of the infotainment system, but we've had it disconnected to prevent the other problem (random volume increases etc) so I guess that's not possible. I've mostly given up with our useless local dealer, if I ring them they'll just say they'll call back, and never do, they just want our money. I'm going to call an independent garage today, from what I've read above and online it seems likely that it's the OCU battery that's at fault, so perhaps they can replace that. I don't have the time, or the skill/confidence to do that myself. And I don't have one of these VCDS / ODB tools, so I guess I can't use the unplug the fuse and turn it on workaround since, then I'd have more errors (I guess?) and wouldn't be able to clear them. Pre garage I'm considering, doing a hard reset of the infotainment by disconnecting the battery? Would that help? I do have a charger, I could try charging the car but if this is because we are somehow reliant on a stupid inaccessible coin cell I guess charging it won't help? Any other ideas? Pressing the emergency call button doesn't do anything, not does holding it down, it tried to call someone but it didn't work, but made no difference to the error.. Any other ideas? Is it worth getting the fault clearance tool? Ideally the car would work properly before next Friday...as have a long drive to do.
-
-
Infotainment system switches itself on
Hi, I'm not brave enough to do so myself, so I'm having a car audio specialist disconnect it on Friday. Once it's disconnected, with the unit on presumably, is it still possible to reboot/update the system? Or, apart from the useless(!) volume bar & the power button not working, is there any other disadvantage?
-
Infotainment system switches itself on
Thanks, I'm not brave enough to remove the screen but will keep that it mind, maybe there is someone I can pay to do it, still waiting to get in touch with the dealer it's a nightmare.
-
Infotainment system switches itself on
Hi All, I have this issue and it's driving us nuts; it's bad when parked at home and suddenly comes on at maximum volume, same thing happens when driving, last night on trying to restore the fuse it boot cycles. I'm thinking of buying the screen as others have done; H49 version. Does anyone have the part number? Full model is Skoda Octavia SE TECH TSI E-TEC S-A Estate. I'm calling the dealer also; but it's not longer under warranty and anyway they never call back. If I buy it I'll find a local garage to fit it I guess. Time being I've removed the fuse 30; I broke the glovebox slider doing so.
- Glove box damper part number / Infotainment system /Fuses
-
Glove box damper part number / Infotainment system /Fuses
Hi team, We have the dreaded Infotainment issues, the random volume changes, and now today the turning itself on at maximum volume. The builders working across the road luckily knocked, as they thought (probably correctly) that it would drain the battery. After the second time this morning, I though it'd be good to remove the fuse. That seemed to work. But doing so I've created myself the following problems: 1) I didn't understand how to remove the damper arm so I've snapped it. 2) I didn't take a picture of the fuses before; and I removed a 30AMP (yellow with 30 on), probably from the first row of fuses, rather than one numbered 30 in the diagram. Questions: 1) Does anyone know the part number for the damper arm? Google/AI seems to come up with links to what look likes the wrong one, or links to one for the MK3, maybe it's the same does anyone know the actual part number or example link? 2) Does anyone have a picture of the fuses before any were removed/or know which ones are needed? I've got the diagram and page from the cars instructions, but it doesn't help much. Car doesn't have a sunroof or tow ball or anything extra, model is "Octavia SE Tech TSI E-TEC S-A", it's the Estate, everything seemed to work (interior lights, windows, gear selector etc) but it would be good to know I put them back OK. I intend to take it to the dealer but unsure if it's still on warranty.
alb78
Finding my way
-
Joined
-
Last visited