Everything posted by FUBAR
-
What did you do to your bike today?
Not my first Candy Lime Green Kawasaki, won't be the last either. Have an offer in on a house at moment, but just got bumped with a massively higher offer... If I don't get something shortly, I might get something else to join it in the shed.
-
What did you do to your bike today?
Been absent for a bit and sadly this part of the forum seems to have gone into hibernation too 😴 I was bike shopping for a good few months leaning towards a new / ex demo GSX S1000, also a great priced Katana at a Suzuki dealers tempting me (but too far removed from the GSX S1000 in spec tbh. Then randomly picked up a wee 2013 ER-6F bit of a garage find with 845 miles on it and never been MOT'd, but had been in use the last 2 years very occasionally (under weird MOT exemption rules that pre-dated COVID in NI). Hired a van and got up to see it a few weeks ago and took it home, ordered bits n bobs booked the next MOT at my local test centre, 5 months wait, but checked constantly for cancellation slots nationwide and travelled for one within the week it was on the road all. Service stuff didn't arrive until 45 minutes after I got back from MOT and a new exhaust system too so did those bits there and then. Not entirely sure what I've bought it for, other than it was a steal and pretty much a new bike. Be a good long termer / commuting hack / poor weather warrior. Nice enough sound from it with the new exhaust on, fun enough for what it is and by far the least powerful bike I've ever owned, quite surprised at how nippy it is. Bits it had: R&G crash bungs Yoshi rear bobbins HyperPro progressive rear spring (not fitted the way round I'd have done it, may ditch it tbh) DATA Tag Additional front lowering saddle Bits I've added: Tail tidy New flat aluminium MOT plate Oxford LED sweeping indicators GR Moto titanium exhaust with carbon tip (mid priced but pretty bang tidy quality for price) Genuine tank knee pads Genuine rim decals (never bothered with them on any of my old bikes, didn't realise until it was too late, but will do as is now) Have 3 flamin screens for it, dark tint DB (too dark on black nose, so ordered the light tint DB and they sent a light tint standard screen... ongoing nightmare General service Bike and chain it's first ever proper clean When I took it out with new exhaust on CCTV caught the sound a bit, can hear it right at end of clip when I am some distance away on the main road, think baffles will need to stay in lol
-
11111 1111.1 The Show Us Your Odo Thread! (now 12345 678.9) + Brisky Tree odo fun
I had a 4 month old Octy vRS at time and was eager to get back to it lol.
-
11111 1111.1 The Show Us Your Odo Thread! (now 12345 678.9) + Brisky Tree odo fun
No idea what Mk is was tbh. Only Vauxhall I've ever owned. My leg was shattered and I couldn't walk needed something with a tow bar to go from NI to NL and this had 6 months tax, 10 months MOT and got it delivered to my door by a trader for £290. Drove it to and from the Netherlands and left it with a mechanic to sell on and refunded the remaining tax. Got £500 for it LOL. Was actually a good wee car, did what I needed happily.
-
11111 1111.1 The Show Us Your Odo Thread! (now 12345 678.9) + Brisky Tree odo fun
I had a Nissan 300ZX which was a Japanese import and speedo and odo in KM's, there was a resistor pack you could get which would make the speedometer read in miles rather than KM's and Odo count in time with that (meant when it pointed at 30kph it was really 30mph. One of the worst strip downs of all time to get that cluster out to fit and while I was there I went to change the odo so the current mileage would be accurate as miles. Someone had been in there before me, absolutely gutted, cogs had been off locking pin had been out etc and a few evidential finger prints. Here is a random throw back to the older days (which I am sure I've shared on here before) of a wee run around Astra I bought to tow my bike for one journey then sold. I got one nice timing on the wee 1.6 8V
-
11111 1111.1 The Show Us Your Odo Thread! (now 12345 678.9) + Brisky Tree odo fun
That's happened me so many times lol
- Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:
-
FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
Hard to not have one after having one! Heated Windscreen.mp4
-
FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
My vRS had headed windscreen, I really will miss it. Might pay the £250 to replace it, but as i've had this Fiesta 3 years now I've wasted 3 years not getting it back then and 3 years use I won't get from spending that now.... Might just stick with water and less of a feck being given... Dead handy for condensation though
-
FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
Only a few lines work on windscreen lol, needs replaced. Still has factory barcode stickers on the windows it's that fresh and un messed with! AC I got gassed and worked but not for long so something leaking somewhere but compressor did its job and clutch worked etc. Not worth the hassle cost £69 and the main dealer that did it reported pressure test fine GURRRR. Everything else works, like those mirrors lol.
-
FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
No no no, that's a 'Zetec Climate' (heated windscreen, electric heated mirrors and AC)
-
11111 1111.1 The Show Us Your Odo Thread! (now 12345 678.9) + Brisky Tree odo fun
The final one from Slimer before it was sold 70 miles later. Never fear, the Silver Slug will soon hit 31K though.
- Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:
- Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:
-
Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:
- Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:
- Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:
I think it's just 2X 10mm nuts, but that's how to hold it on, the crimped edges sit on inside against the inside of boot lit itself making it stand up away from it. I just used a tiny touch of epoxy on mine to hold it in place as I mangled my metal bit thinking it went on from the outside and cut it down to make it fit that way like a moron lol.- Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:
- Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:
- Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:
- FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
100% pure aluminium and a bit of paint / lacquer, the BIG 15" beasties not the wee 14" steelies I will have you know!- FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
- FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
- FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
It's a bang tidy wee motor tbh. Totally stock, plain, boring, slow, but it's a class wee workhorse and very appropriate for my 7 miles commute. Might replace the heated windscreen, prob won't.- FUBAR's vRS drought has ended! - Introducing 'Slimer' (NOW SOLD)
Did have eye on a mint 2018 manual V8 Mustang in grey with 10K miles at a SEAT dealers, it was there a while and priced very well, but sold last week... Will just drive the Fiesta for now as it's only on 30,700 miles and see what happens over next while, no rush.
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.