Skip to content

King John

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Bluetooth is A2DP/AVRCP BT6506 Hardware is Part no. 5Q00035874A H24 Software 0245 Navigation Part no. 5L0051236E 0430 ECE 2015/16 Media codec 2101.0.0.10 one of those must mean something!
  2. How does one upgrade the software of my 2015 Superb? I am increasingly finding that I am 'driving through fields' and now the BT blue tooth will not connect to my new Samsung phone. Is there a way of upgrading the car's software?
  3. While reversing over the kerb I managed to trash the under engine tray. A lot of the screw fixing plates have gone or no longer secure the screws. They are very difficult to get at to replace. Should I live without the tray or are there alternative ways of fixing the tray under the engine?
  4. Thanks, just about to order Febi steel control arms and the ball joints. Looking at the Febi parts catalogue, they also list the Blue Print ball joint parts, so I assume they manufacture them as well.
  5. My Superb 2.0 SE business tdi estate just passed its MoT with the following advisory: Offside front suspension wishbone rear bush debonding. Before the MoT I replaced the tyre which had heavy wear on the inside edge. Would I be better replacing the bush or the wishbone complete? People also talk about replacing the steel ones with alloy from an Audi. It this worthwhile for one side only? In which case what it the part number? The car is now pushing eleven years old with 86,000 on the clock. It is our workhorse.
  6. My Fabia Series 3 has taken upon itself to wipe the front screen intermittently. Has anyone else experienced this and found a cure?
  7. https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/ Put the original size tyre in and then play with 16 inch tyre sizes to find which has the closest circumference so that your speedo doesn't over/ under state your speed
  8. Well that has thrown up a can of worms! Oil pressure switch malfunction NoX absorber Bank one below threshold. This normally happens when it is being regenerated. When reset that stops Databus Error value received Just to complete the problems, Left Front ABS wheel speed sensor magnetic field too low Tyre pressure signal malfunctioning Electro mechanical parking brake wheel speed sensor implausible signal
  9. 2 Liter diesel. Periodically, after driving a while the Glow Plug warning light starts flashing. If the car is left for ten minutes it doesn't come back on. The car is mostly used for very short journeys and the light comes on on fast longer journeys. The car is due up for its MoT, so I need to get it sorted. Can anyone advise?
  10. I noticed water leaking down the side and door opening of the A post onto the carpet. Looking closer it appears to be draining along the bottom edge of the glove box. Can anyone advise on its cause?
  11. Would there be any issues, as I assume they would have stiffer side walls, on handling?
  12. My tyres are getting close to needing to be replaced. Current my 215/50/17 tyres are all 94 W. Would it matter if one axle was replace with 98 W and if so which axle would it be best to mount them on?
  13. VW have recommended that 509 is not compatible with earlier VW oil grades. Manoil do produce VW509 oil, but I think it is more expensive.
  14. I drove my car a short distance this morned and when I got back in, a short while after turning the ignition on an alarm sounded from the central console area. It stays on for a little while after the ignition has been turned off. It sounds like a burglar alarm but is too quiet to scare anyone off. I have never had this happen before. There are no other warning lights to suggest what the cause is. Can anyone advise?
  15. It is a Westfalia tow bar, which I believe is OEM for the Skoda tow bar. fuse 28,38 and 44 are missing.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.