Everything posted by mandp
-
Traffic sign recognition
Good job I promised not to ask people to explain all their `hieroglyphics`...coz I'd be having a `field-day` otherwise! Merry Christmas.
- Speeding NIP notification
-
Car Vacuum
In the past I have had both `Battery` and `12v`. They just don't `cut it`. My advice would be to get the best mains operated vac that you can afford. Personally I use a `Miele` which I'm very happy with. Regards Mike.
-
Risk of failure using coolant g13
`RO`?
-
Less interest Detailing nowadays?...
Have to agree. Really informative reviews of products and processes. Watched the channel for ages now.
-
The Superb III Picture thread
What a lovely colour.
-
Recently Cleaned Thread
That is one shiny car. Well done you.
-
Exit message on centre console
Not clever enough for you then?
-
Superb estate used - Go for 2.0 TSI 220PS or wait it out for 1.5 TSI?
I have the 1.5 TSI DSG. Bought it new July '19 and apart from two false tyre pressure warnings, it has never missed a beat. I'm no mad racer so it has plenty of `poke` for me. From what you say I think you'd be happy with either engine.
-
Superb 2021 FL infotainment unlock
I'd suggest you do exactly what the screen is telling you. But be quick coz dealers are probably gonna shut again from Thursday!
-
ALLOY WHEEL CLEANER
Another vote here for Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel. Used it for years and always does a fab job. Get it and you won't be disappointed.
-
Skoda Superb used car buying advice
1) Hatch looks MUCH better than estate...buy in Black...but be prepared to spend lots of time and money keeping it clean! 2) Sportline looks ugly. L&K is expensive. I have the SEL and its FAB. 3) 1.5 TSI DSG is the way to go. As you can see from this and the above post...its all a matter of opinion. I wish you luck in your choosing.
-
Less interest Detailing nowadays?...
Hello and welcome to this part of the forum. To start with it might be good to let us know how you have taken care of your cars in the past and how far you want to go now. Its such a huge subject and one can get carried away. What equipment items (cloths, mitts, shampoos etc etc) do you have at present? Stand by...coz you may well be bitten by the `Detailing Bug`...I was!
-
Less interest Detailing nowadays?...
When I bought my first new Skoda back in 2012 I knew absolutely nothing about `detailing` or how to successfully look after the appearance of a car. I soon joined this Forum and `caught the bug`! It was mainly due to the imparted knowledge of `ChrisRs` (remember him?...lovely chap) although there were others instrumental in my education. In those days this part of the Forum was very well used and a mine of information. Lots of useful info being given and received. The posts were numerous and daily. Not so now...I wonder why? Could it be that the Pandemic has caused people to be less fussed with the appearance of their car? That would of course be understandable in the scheme of things. I just wondered. Regards Mike.
-
Snow Foam...which way?
When you snow foam your car do you do it `top down` or `bottom up`? The reason I ask is that I always do it `top down` because that just seems obvious and sensible. But I've seen a number of video clips by professional detailers and some of them do it bottom up. I wonder why. What say you?