Skip to content

yesman

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by yesman

  1. I got the wipe and a small vial of 3m 94 tape primer, I used it as they'd sent it, My badge came of fairly easy with dental floss, just used Autoglym tar remover for the old adhesive and a plastic razor blade, which worked out really well.
  2. Hi Zacko, Sorry but nothing to do with your post, just a quick question. After having a towbar fitted I had a rattle behind the bumper, after a quick inspection I found the plug for the rear parking sensors hanging down and what looks like a clip on it for it to clip in a hole on the body work, I think it's the one I have circled in your photo. Not sure they didn't if the hole isn't accessible with the type of aftermarket towbar I have, they are normally very good so I'll be surprised if they missed it. Am I right, should it be clip securely in to the body
  3. Looking good.👍 Yep, definitely worth a test fit after removing the old adhesive. For a supposed original part I was surprised by the longer pegs. Although the extras you get from Kopacek to fit it is pretty good too. It's definitely going nowhere.
  4. Hi all, Just wondering if anyone had changed the rear bumper refectors for the dark monte carlo ones? I've seen a set on Kopacek and think they'll look smart on my race blue Superb. I know there's some legal requirement in the UK for the refectors to be reflective enough and the description on Kopacek says that the dark ones are almost as reflective as the normal ones. Has anyone fitted any? And if so how did you get on with MOT?
  5. That should be fine, I have a removable Towtrust swan neck towbar on my Superb. An Alko hitch will fit any swan neck towball, it's only when you have a flanged towball you have to have the Alko extended towball, on a normal flanged towball the Alko hitch can prise itself off when moving. Also remember to remove the paint from the ball as it will contaminate the Alko friction pads if you don't
  6. Done, nerve-wracking but done, weirdly had to cut the 3 prongs down as they were way too long for the divots in the bonnet, but apart from that, it went well. colour match it perfect too. 😁
  7. Yeah, I can see those prongs on the new badge, hoping to work my way around the badge to remove most of the adhesive. Cheers for the advice. 👍
  8. Cheers, I went back on Kopacek and found the fitting instructions, which I managed to miss the first time around, Like you said I need both products, I also have autoglym tar remover already, which is decent stuff so was hoping to use that to get rid of the sticky backing. Did you use the "hairdryer and dental floss" method to remove the old badge?
  9. Hi guys got my race blue and black badge today, with it came a vile of 3m tape adhesive and a L151 wipe, firstly I believe they do the same thing so not sure if I need both. This is the first time I swapped a badge on a car so a bit apprehensive. To those who have done it, have you any tips for removing the old badge and adhesive, and also before fitting the new badge, do I need to use both products provided to prime the area or just one of those, I'm veering towards the 3m adhesive. Cheers all
  10. Out with old red, in with the new blue!😁
  11. Yes, through the links given in the thread I started
  12. Had my Sportline Plus less than two weeks and in that time I've changed the floor mats to the thicker Superb embossed ones, fitted front and rear mud flaps, changed the washer filler cap to the funnel type, changed the rear wiper arm to the old type and changed all the wipers to new, also had a removable towbar fitted, And have ordered the black and body matched colour badge for the bonnet. Oh and washed it twice thanks to our bloody British weather. It was ceramic coated when I bought it which makes cleaning it so much easier!
  13. How did you go about doing it? Was it the hairdryer and dental floss method?
  14. Yep, that's the look I'm going for!! Looks mint!
  15. Was thinking the full gloss black badge, only because I wasn't aware they did those badges!! Now got a real headache!!🤔
  16. This has probably been covered more than a few times, and it almost likely a marmite idea. How many have black badge their superb? My Sportline plus as all will know has black trim and black wording on the rear but the standard badge on the bonnet and wheels. Literally everyone who's seen has said I need to change the bonnet badge for black one especially with it being in race blue, I'm more than tempted to do it and wondered if many had done this and where they got the badge from, ideally a proper Skoda one, Cheers.
  17. Rear wiper arm up-grade, back-grade, old-grade, what ever you want to call it, done. Salvage part from e-bay, Fortunately in like new condition so looks good, plus the new blade I ordered but then couldn't cancel, which ended up being convenient. Unfortunately had to modify my wiper arm removal tool as there was no way it was fitting around the plastic surround of the wiper spindle!!🫤
  18. I know what you mean with this, but I'm on about the trip milage at the bottom of the display you can reset yourself.
  19. I've booked my car in for a minor service and the car to be changed to fixed serving with Skoda, I asked about it whilst on the phone, they said its a known "characteristic" not a problem but will look anyway, Sounds to me it will be a thing to live with!!
  20. Cheers Gabbo, Exactly why I was asking, I also like to reset after each refill, especially as I'd like to do a comparison to my old Sportline. I also like having the map in the center, so it also means a menu change before finding the trip counter to reset it. What's the app your referring too?
  21. Getting to know my Sportline plus, The digital dash is great, but one thing I can't work out is if there's a way to reset the trip computer without going through the vehicle status menu as there's no manual button like on the analogue dash. Any tips would be great. Thanks
  22. Excellent news, just ordered a good condition used one from Ebay which I should get before the weekend, Ironically the wiper blade I ordered, and then subsequently tried to cancel, turned up this morning!!
  23. Excellent information, just one question before I order, do you have to order a new end cap that covers the spline nut? Or does the old one fit?
  24. So I picked up my 2024 Sportline plus last week and so far I've been very pleased with in, well except the brake peddle knock, hopefully as I've still got 24months warranty on it I'll get that sorted. The plus has a bit more bhp, it feels quicker than my old car despite the states saying it marginally slower, whether that's the 7speed DSG compared to the 6 speed, I'm not sure but it's definitely smoother, the car starts a lot smoother too. It does feel the same on the road handling wise and has a better throttle response. So all in all a good improvement on the old. With the Plus I now have heated seats and the power boot lid, definitely prefer the new steering wheel, and the digital dash is cool, still learning the full touch screen Columbus but I do miss the 8 short cut buttons that the old infotainment unit had. Seems like silly details but I don't know why they got rid of the storage under the passenger seat, also the boot light torch and the info screen for the rear passengers, which was my sons first moan about the car. But despite those small details it is a significant enough improvement for me to know going for a 12 month old S3 and letting the previous owner take the £15k loss from new was definitely the right decision.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.