Skip to content

Graham Butcher

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Graham Butcher

  1. Update on the missing POI data, this week I discovered a company selling map update CD's, I purchased one, installed it and now not only do I have the latest maps but also all the POI have restored so I once again search for the nearest garage, bank etc when in a strange location.
  2. Does anyone know just how the trim strips on the roof are held in place, these are the ones that are located each side of the car just above the doors, in the gutter? Are these just a simple press fit or are the glued into place? I'm looking to replace one that a car wash recently yanked out and the operators have only offered my 50% of the dealers price to supply and fit a new replacement. they are claiming that they cannot be certain that the trim wasn't already hanging off prior to going through wash. The wash is an attended one where at 2 or sometimes 3 people walk round the car with soapy brooms and scrub the panels with them and also apply high pressure jet washer to bad spots prior to entering the drive through section. I would have thought that if the trip was sticking up before going into the washer, that someone would have spotted it and pointed it out to me. Had it been one of the older style machines where you drove into the wash and then it started with no attendants what's so ever, I'd say fair enough, down to me but surely not when they do the prewash by hand, they should accept liability for the damage in full?
  3. The other day I needed to look for a petrol station that close to me when I was in a strange location so I went to search via the Columbus sat nav but discovered that the menu option for POI is greyed out so I was unable to use that menu? Has anyone else come across that and if so what did you do to cure it?
  4. Will the VCDS Lite version read and reset airbag codes etc? EDIT. I did a search for VCDS and the first thing I came across was this site https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCV23.html It seems to suggest that I need their Ross-Tech VCDS Hex-V2 for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda cars 1996 on, 3 vin limit device for £225 vat and delivery included, has anyone any knowledge of this unit at all?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.