My Golf GTi Mk5 Alloys

Just dont ask me what size spacers you need...as i aint got a clue :D

lol Ok I won't!

Been asking a mate about this and he's good with cars and replied with this:

Ok get a empty cup.

Now stick out your finger as if it was a car axel.

Now put you finger inside the cup and touch the bottom. This is a MASSIVE offset (depending how big ya cup is and obviously using an appropriate scale, it'd be something along the lines of ET100.

How take your finger out of the cup and touch the underside of the cup. This is a MASSIVE deep dish wheel, with and offset of ET-100.

Now imagine a tube (something like a toilet roll), with nothing at either end, but it is blocked off in the middle by a partition. This wheel would have an offset of ET0.

These are the extreme cases of wheel offsets. But if you can imagine that the partition in the tube was moveable, and you put your finger so that is it touching the underside of the cup, and push so that the partition moves, this would slowly decrease the offset of the wheel (ET-99, ET-98, ET-97 etc etc) this would mean in real life the wheel's rim would actually start getting further and further into the arch. Keep pushing with your finger to the point the partition was in the middle of the wheel (ET0) now an equal part of the wheels rim width sits inside and outside of the arch. You get my point???

I'd have to see your car mate and have the full specs of the GTi wheels before telling you if they'd fit or not.

Now I've no idea what he's going on about lol. Is the only thing I need are the Alloys and Spacers for my Fabia?

God I might just sod it and get the 16" Polo One's lol :rofl:

Oh damn! :( I seriously want these rims on my Furby, but after finding out that the original Mk5 rims won't fit on (Different PCD or something) My goal was crushed :o

Please lol, tell me where you got these from and for how much? I'm dying for some on mine to complete my look, well after lowering it first lol :D

Also, how are they from the originals? Do they look identical? How big are they? 17's?

Thanks for answering! ;)

They were from a shop in Stoke, called Hot Hatch Corner. Heres the address: Welcome to Hot hatch Corner

They are 17's and cost £450 and came with VW centre caps but they gave me some Skoda stickers which I have on. Didn't need to alter anything to put them on except the tracking afterwards.

They are v. similar to the originals and I think they look right nice. They look much better in the flesh than on the pictures. They always turn heads wherever I go.

Hope this helps! :)

Oh damn! :( I seriously want these rims on my Furby, but after finding out that the original Mk5 rims won't fit on (Different PCD or something) My goal was crushed :o

Please lol, tell me where you got these from and for how much? I'm dying for some on mine to complete my look, well after lowering it first lol :D

Also, how are they from the originals? Do they look identical? How big are they? 17's?

Thanks for answering! ;)

you can get a pcd hub adapter for them, it also sets the wheels out in the arches, i fitted rs6's to my vrs they had a 5 *112 pcd, and the pcd hub adapter bolts on to the hub first, then the wheels bolt on to them, great job but not cheap.