Getting rid of swirlies in Black Magic?

So can anyone help me with my shopping list from Detailed Obession?

So far i have:

Still not sure what to use for the Swirl Remover...and should i be finishing with a wax of some sort etc?!

Sounds good to me, if you havent got some i'd recommend some Collinite 476S wax, (i got mines from ebay along with 3 micro fibre cloths ;)) for that unbeatable lasting wax..

2 coats and it should last months.

Then to top it of some Meguires No.7 Glaze (optional) :cool:

So to sum up.

Wash

Polish

Glaze

Wax

Only use the SSR1 a couple of times a year as it is a cutting polish, for other times use some Auto Glym SRP - good at hiding swirls)

And on the wax front 2 coats of 476s to start off then just top it up a coat a month or so.

And a glaze will just help it look nice and wet (optional)

:thumbup:

Cheers for the tips and advice Jase :thumbup:

I've washed my car the last two weekends and haven't been too happy with either result. I haven't got the detailing bug but I have a feeling that it might be just around the corner ready to pounce :D :nervous:

Matt

Rightio, here's my shopping cart. I have some decent glass cleaner and wheel stuff so am sorted from that angle...

Am i good to go for this weekend? Anything i've forgotten?!

So my list above is OK, anything else you reckon?

Lambswool washmitt

Autosol and a toothbrush for the exhaust

Klearkote rubber and vinyl dressing (available from same site) - does everthing, plastics, tyres, i even do the interiour with it :thumbup:

And a good drying towel if you aint got one

You could also clay the car first if you like, the meguires quik clay and detailing spray is quite good for a beginner :thumbup: