Am I the only one with an older skoda? (pre-VW)

mklrnn

Am I the only one here with an older skoda (pre-Volkswagen)?

It's a pity it's not possible to search on what car people drive in the [members] site...(hint, hint!)

You wanna watch it - the place is crawling with octavia drivers :-)

Would be interesting to see some sort of stats on who has what, even if we can't search. But then I'm nosey like that...

Originally posted by Stimps in this post

You wanna watch it - the place is crawling with octavia drivers :-)

Would be interesting to see some sort of stats on who has what, even if we can't search. But then I'm nosey like that...

The first Octavia can out in 1959 so its not surprising :D

also

The first Rapid in 1934

The first Favorit in 1936

The Octavia Combi in 1961

The first Felicia in 1959

dates approximate

Anoj,

I now have a Fabia, but I used to have a LHD Favorit (1989) - one of the first ones to come out of the factory, after the wall came tumbling down (not quite pre-VW). Had it for over four years and did three European tours with it, two of which took me as far as the Romania Black Sea coast.

Oh happy days...

I had an Estelle which was a great little car then I got a Favorit when they first came out. It was the biggest pile of crap I've ever had. It was never out of the dealers having work done on it and then it failed It's first MOT BIG STILE to the tune of

Currently have a RS, but I did used to have a 130 which I rallied :D

The big question is which family has the most Skodas?

I nominate John Stopani :D I believe he currently has 5

Dmac - Octavia was the sister of Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus - known as Octavian until he became Emperor of Rome on the demise of Julius Caesar when he was known as Caesar Augustus. Octavia is also included in the cast of Shakepeare's Antony & Cleopatra.

Apologies for boring you :sleeping: but its probably the first use ive made of my classics degree since leaving university :mw:

I did enjoy it, was certainly a nice break from maths and physics :D

The job thing was one of the main deciders on my degree choice, and

I didn't fancy being a librarian or teacher, so I didn't do Classics :p

And to keep it on topic, Octavia's have eight speakers...

Rob.

ive got a rapid 136.. old mans got a vRS... the rapid is quite frankly the better car..... HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Good fun tho.... i think we shud form a splinter group... the real Briskoda! I'm just kidding just kidding... Don't ban me... please?

• 2 years later...