Rear suspension bushes.

Hi, i have an annoying problem. I've changed all four springs and shocks which made a difference but my back end still wobbles and weaves especially in the bends. When i say my back end i do mean the cars!:)

The previous owner towed a large caravan and boat which i think has worn the main bushes. Does anyone know if these are expensive or how much to change?

Thanks

I think I am right in saying the rear beam is the same as Golf Mk4 which as a matter of course need replacing around the 60k miles mark.

Bit of a pain to do as the rear beam needs to come off which means the brakes will need bleeding after refitting.

I think the book states 4 hours but the bushes werent expensive, sub £30 as i recall.

1) Get poly bushes and you'll never need to touch them again 2) According to haynes manual. Disconnect all pipes/cables from beam, undo each retaining nut (1 each side), lever axle down and wedge with a piece of wood or similar, remove old bush fit new and refit in reverse order. Drilling to weaken old bush is recommended. Havent done it myself but haynes is usually spot on so you may get away without removing axle.

Ive done plenty of them. Not to be done bythe faint hearted its a bloody hard work out. If they are that knackered you can usually knock the centre out then cut through the outer cage with a hacksaw bend the edges in and then smack it out. Getting OE bushes back in though can be tricky without the correct toolage.

Hi, i have an annoying problem. I've changed all four springs and shocks which made a difference but my back end still wobbles and weaves especially in the bends. When i say my back end i do mean the cars!:)

The previous owner towed a large caravan and boat which i think has worn the main bushes. Does anyone know if these are expensive or how much to change?

Thanks

Give Nick a call at Jabba, they're around the £40 mark - well worth doing too!:thumbup: