Blueflame exhaust systems

Hello all. :)

Spotted the blueflame exhaust systems on ebay (cat back) for £231 delivered.

This seems like a decent price considering a few local places quouted closer to £300 for the same thing.

Does anyone have experience of this item? Does it sound any better than standard? I had a Piper backbox on my Corsa and it wasn't chavvy louded, but gave a nice sporty tone which I must admit I do miss at times. Any peformance gains to be had?

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

Joel

I have a blueflame on my R32, cat back and single box. It is alot louder than standard but a much raspier sound which I love. The fit was second to none (I fitted it myslef)

I know it's not a Fabia but hope it helps

Hi mate, I've got one on mine and I'm sure I paid closer to £150 delivered from e-bay, was a while ago tho so may have been a special offer?. TBH you can't really hear much difference from inside the car but Gaz_vrs said he hates me driving past his house coz it makes him want one too!! Any cat back system is only going to give negligable gains but I'm more than happy with mine:thumbup:

Hi mate, I've got one on mine and I'm sure I paid closer to £150 delivered from e-bay, was a while ago tho so may have been a special offer?. TBH you can't really hear much difference from inside the car but Gaz_vrs said he hates me driving past his house coz it makes him want one too!! Any cat back system is only going to give negligable gains but I'm more than happy with mine:thumbup:

Correct!!!! It sounds a lot different to standard. Gives much more of a woosh sound. Sounds awesome!!:thumbup:

For bigger noise and performance gains a decat is necessary but this is not compatible with the OEM turbo...

Oooer. Wrong thing to say.

Wait for the posts to roll in...

IMO, no cat is fine with OEM turbo.

But get a boost gauge 1st, and see the boost increase. (make sure its not too much).

Dave

Oooer. Wrong thing to say.

Wait for the posts to roll in...

IMO, no cat is fine with OEM turbo.

But get a boost gauge 1st, and see the boost increase. (make sure its not too much).

Dave

the reaserch seems to suggest that the boost tends to run away when a de cat and downpipe is fitted,making the allready stressed little kkk turbo run way faster than was ever intended,allthough some have run thissetup with no apparent problems most seem to blow the turbo to pieces,and fast,the question has to be do you risk it?

the reaserch seems to suggest that the boost tends to run away when a de cat and downpipe is fitted,making the allready stressed little kkk turbo run way faster than was ever intended,allthough some have run thissetup with no apparent problems most seem to blow the turbo to pieces,and fast,the question has to be do you risk it?

Nail.....head, in one there mate :thumbup:

Trust me on this guys a de-cat + map + KKK = 1 big mess...... I should know. ;)

When will it sink in :rofl:

The magnex cat back comes in slightly cheaper, and also looks good, sounds good too, the youtube one anyway.

And magnex do have a bit more heritage behind them than blueflame

Just had a look 198 quid for the cat back delivered

and 80 for a decat :thumbup:

Thats cheap... but dont get a decat on a OEM turbo as said :thumbup:

The magnex cat back comes in slightly cheaper, and also looks good, sounds good too, the youtube one anyway.

And magnex do have a bit more heritage behind them than blueflame

I remember comparing them and still think the blueflame looks like it's had the most R&D put into it. The magnex (and miltec) look like they've been mass produced to make a fast buck!!! (but thats my humble little opinion :o )

Here we go again. Mine's got a decat, no issues.

My golf had a decat, no issues.

Everyone I know who has had or has a decat, no issues.

Golf has a garrett turbo so not the same. Your fabia is quite mildly mapped if its 160bhp. Not havin a go. But if someone with a harsh map and a tired kkk put a decat on, i would put money on it blowing the seals in no time. :-)