DIY water/meth injection web resources

Looking good mate.

But my issue with these kits is...Surly the alcohol/methanol would wash your bores of oil??

Anyone care to shead light?

Dave

Pretty sure the quantities injected is minimal, and will be injected in such a way to be "vapour" and as such get burned up quite quickly in the engine. I doubt the mixture would do any washing away of oil. :)

Basil you are a genius, thanks. :thumbup:

As Jason points out, the trick with the water is to have the mist droplets as small as possible (dependent on the injector nozzle sizes) and to inject it into the air-flow between the inter-cooler and the inlet manifold to provide additional cooling and free fuel.

Too much water and you get "quenching", too little and there is no cooling and no power increase.

One product I have read the specs for (BEWARE: marketing marketing marketing) makes the following claims:

100% water - power up by 20 - 30 HP

75 / 25% water / meth mix - power up by 40 - 60 HP

50 / 50 % water / meth mix - power up by 70+ HP.

I have been informed that my car (specs supplied to system manufacturer) with no other upgrades or changes will show a top-end power increase in bhp of 15 / 25% (from 175 bhp to 200 or 219 bhp). Torque figures were a bit of a mystery.

With uprated diesel injectors, a new turbo and a new map, who knows? (no intercooler change needed, by all accounts, just inject more water / meth mix).

Just a word of warning for anybody considering going down this road - you cannot use methanol if you have aluminium piping from your intercooler as the aluminium and mathanol will react chemically.

Just a word of warning for anybody considering going down this road - you cannot use methanol if you have aluminium piping from your intercooler as the aluminium and mathanol will react chemically.

Fook! :eek: Glad I knew that in advance. :rofl:

Looks like I'm drilling the inlet manifold then! :rolleyes::rofl: