This car is fit for crusher only surely?

heres what you would expect to get back from that car realisitically.

Engine 600

gearbox 400

interior 500 max

ecu 100-200

air bags are a complete dash board kit and steering wheel £400

some of the front panels are salvagable, head lights etc etc, (would be worth more if it had xenons ;)) id say expect around 300-500 for bits.

There will be other stuff like ABS units, vac distribution blocks, turbo if you dont sell that with the engine, air con parts, exhaust, brakes, drive shafts, hubs id say a total of 600 if your lucky for that lot.

so if your lucky you would stand to make a £500 profit stripping that car, which in my opinion is not alot considering the time it would take to strip and organise the sale of the parts.

However i would buy it if it were a little cheaper for the engine and box, can never have enough engines and boxs ;)

For anyone interested this is the definition of the CATs:

A - Not for resale. Fire damaged (burnt-out), flood damaged (contaminated or salt water), severely damaged with no serviceable parts, or heavily stripped (shell).

Notification of Destruction required. (To be crushed). Recorded at DVLA & HPI.

B - Not for resale. Damaged beyond economical repair and/or severe structural damage.

Notification of Destruction required. (Parts can be removed and sold). Recorded at DVLA & HPI.

C - Repairable salvage. Generally applies to older vehicles. Can be sold for repair but must now have VIC inspection.

Recorded at DVLA & HPI.

D - Repairable salvage. Minimal damage sometimes stolen and found after claim has been paid, or cost of repair combined with difficulty obtaining new parts to enable a swift repair.

Recorded with HPI.

X - Repairable salvage. Not recorded on any registers such as HPI. Limited or very light damage, or vehicle is new or less than 12 months old. Usually requires minimal repair work.

NOT Recorded with HPI.

Jason,

Are you seriously looking for a spare ?

As i sourced one if you're needing one.

Not really, but you never know. I do have the spare bottom end from the hydrolocked engine still lying about, but not sure what state that bottom end is in. I don't reckon I'll need a new bottom end anyway, and once I have enough money I'll be playing with the pistons/crank and seeing about going for even more power. ;)

Not really, but you never know. I do have the spare bottom end from the hydrolocked engine still lying about, but not sure what state that bottom end is in. I don't reckon I'll need a new bottom end anyway, and once I have enough money I'll be playing with the pistons/crank and seeing about going for even more power. ;)

Cool :)

Aint got a spare tandem pup have ya :D